BMW Club Road Bike Only Trackdays at Snet and Cadwell 2017

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
Robert (bins on here) runs a couple or so road bike only trackdays each year. As a forum we try and support this activity because he is a top bloke and the days are great for introducing riders to trackdays if they are new to it all, as well as providing a great day generally for more seasoned riders too. The basic principle is 'ride friendly', and it makes for a very enjoyable day for everyone involved. There is lots of free tuition available for those that want it, and novices run their own format on track with a very gentle intro to track riding.

Here is the thread from the Snetterton one last year:
http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?7958-The-Snetterton-8th-August-BMW-Club-Trackday-Thread

Please note these days are strictly for road legal bikes and no tyre warmers are allowed. These are not the Tyco BMW trackdays - I think those have now been discontinued?

We would like to incorporate the Cadwell 19th June event into a forum meet up which is on another thread so if you are interested in riding the mini 'ring' then you could make a weekend of it and meet lots of other nice folk from the forum. The current thread on all of that is here: http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?9315-2017-Forum-meet-Ideas (this will evolve).

Below are the forms for the two trackdays Robert is running this year:

Cadwell Monday 19th June

Snetterton Monday 7th August

If you have any questions please ask here or PM bins directly if it is about organisation/payment etc. Most stuff is self explanatory.

Attachments

• App_Form_Cadwell_2017.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • App_Form_Snetterton_2017.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • Indemnity_Cadwell_2017.pdf
    193.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Indemnity_Snetterton_2017.pdf
    17.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi guys,

Does anyone have experience of how strict cadwell is on noise? i will be fitting a de cat to my bike soon with the stubby akrapovic slip on which I believe is very loud.

Cadwell Park

Cadwell Park is an MSV owned circuit and noise testing is fairly strict like at all their other tracks.

Cheers Ry good info there mate , looks like cadwell is 105db max static test, anyone with a de cat made the 105db static test?

Noise Testing

Static noise testing is not generally an issue. Where most people with loud exhausts fail is when they trigger the drive-by noise meters which are monitored throughout the day. Generally speaking on UK trackdays the quieter the exhaust the better.

I noticed on the link you posted Ry that cadwell doesn't feature on the drive by noise test section , so would I be correct in thinking that their is no drive by test at cadwell? and even with the de cat my bike should be fine to past the 105db static?

That's what I wanted to hear Mac cheers , knockhill is the same only the sheep and cows to bother , should be ok then?

Noise Testing

The safest option would be to have the bike noise tested prior to booking to avoid a wasted trip.

planned to do that after the decat just wanted to know the limits first and if anyone had experience with the same set up.

Can't remember ever seeing drive by noise testing at cadwell nor heard of anyone being pulled for failing a drive by test there.

cheers soof that puts my mind at ease, as long as I pass the static I will be sound

Hi, don't want to be a bubble burster but I did brands a couple of times, donington and Snetterton last year and all have upped the anti. Brands hatch have employed a miserable sod just to be in charge of the drive by sensors dotted around. My bike has std exhaust and akropovic slip on which is emarked and it failed both donington and brands. I have had to fit a baffle in the end to a road legal set up to get on track! You've got no chance with a decat. And if you own a panigale, this year you may as well go home. It's a real pisser that the busy bodies are even trying to restrict this now. S thous are noisey anyway. If you look at the sticker plate near the headstock you'll see there is a section that says "db 103" that's with a std can. Most places are 101 static and some even 98. It says something when you're not allowed on with a std bike! This year as Kevin Healy of focussed events has said, will see many more going home. Buy a baffle now if like me you are hitting the tracks each year. For info you'll lose about 3 Hp on the top end which makes no difference at all. Some bikes even run better. Hp4's with the long akro just about scrape it but early 2010- 2014 won't this year:neglected:

cheers for the Info Pete, yeah my bikes loud as f $#k now , won't have a chance of passing any noise tests lol, my local knockhill will be fine though, unfortunately me and the Mrs are buy a house so won't be able to commit to any trackdays...... am skint lol, i will be lucky to hang onto the bike.....

Hi every one, there's only a handful of places left for the Cadwell day, don't forget (if you're planning to enter) road bikes only, no tyre warmers, and no wets.

These days are run in 3 groups. Experienced, not necessarily fast but able to cope with being overtaken by faster riders. Inter, a bit of free instruction if required. Cautious, they get a bargain, same price but with free instruction all day, not allowed to ride on their own unless they show they are competent.

Some of our instructors are not very quick, (including me) but we like to think we can help the beginners. We have a track walk the previous evening, arrange for the overnighters to eat together in Louth, it's more than just a track day.

Pete, I did not get your email, could you try again please, forms from [email protected]

2dd8d7022bb4fe6b80310f4bc518ad86.jpg

Our very own Pete is now a poster boy ;).

Can't make the Cadwell day as have work meeting that can't be changed, but booked Snetterton in August.

If there's a group going up to Cadwell on the Sat from SE or London area I'd be up for the meet up & a road ride on the Sunday.

Last edited:
Hi, the Cadwell day is now fully booked, places still left for Snetterton though, R B.

Latest posts

Back