2018 BMW Club Road Bike Only Trackdays at Snet and Cadwell

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buggeration MRD. Glad you weren't hurt.
Do let us know what the diagnosis is, either here or on a new thread.
Thanks. Lucky to keep it upright as oil all over the rh side of the tyre.

Will update on a new thread.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Great day as expected! Cheers to all for the banter and a great day. Bins your a star best track days by far! No red flags and issues I was aware of.

Great to meet some new and existing members and put names to faces. Enjoy your curry and a small ride home.
Alex thanks for the tips of left handers and lines. Helped in last two sessions, long day and sore legs and bum! That doesn?t sound right I know but I?m over 50 now!

Sorry I left before saying bye but I?d had enough and had a long filter home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great day, the highlight being offered a session on a ?35k MV F4 RC...

The lowlight being said bike scared us all when it fired up and produced clouds of oil smoke...so that was the end of that. Turns out it was the breather system venting and it was run on track later on without issue, but it foiled my go...I think it knew...

Lots of good running today, i think I did 10sessions with popping into inters for some instructing.

Last session, exhausted, the lad that crashed at Cadwell asked for some track tuition, awesome, but I was knackered and he was fast...still I think it helped as he was slow into the slower corners but blinding on the fast stuff, elbow down onto Bentley!

Good to run laps with Paul, Gary, Tim, Rob etc
Bumped into a few other forum dwellers too over the day.

@soofsayer the guy (Peter?) that had your Held suit, did he have an RSV4 before? As he does now...

@shooter560 I've had a word with Bins and banned you for showing up an instructor! How rude!

@Tim @ Lind hope the heart rate has recovered after your mis-shift in the last session. We need to do some laps next year... if you want.

Lots of good video footage, will trawl through for any of you guys in due course.

- Alex

Great day as expected! Cheers to all for the banter and a great day. Bins your a star best track days by far! No red flags and issues I was aware of.

Great to meet some new and existing members and put names to faces. Enjoy your curry and a small ride home.
Alex thanks for the tips of left handers and lines. Helped in last two sessions, long day and sore legs and bum! That doesn?t sound right I know but I?m over 50 now!

Sorry I left before saying bye but I?d had enough and had a long filter home.

M11 was a bit of a mare...assume it was partly stationary when you came through?

Glad it helped, again I will try to find footage as its best to critique you own riding than rely on me!

- Alex

M11 was a bit of a mare...assume it was partly stationary when you came through?

Glad it helped, again I will try to find footage as its best to critique you own riding than rely on me!

- Alex

We went cross country via Bury and Sudbury braintree. Hit all the commute traffic. When your legs and back is tiers you need a spot of filtering.

Oh deal video evidence, never good to hear!

Yesterday was another great day. An enormous thanks to Bins (Rob Bentley) for organising this!! A really good fun, friendly day without stoppages from red flags.

Was great to meet up with Alex, Paul. Andy, Tim & Richard in the garage. Thanks to Alex for showing me some lines.
Look forward to these days next year.

@Tim @ Lind hope the heart rate has recovered after your mis-shift in the last session. We need to do some laps next year... if you want.

- Alex

100%. Going to be at Snett a few more times this year before packing up for the season.

But I will definitely catch up with you for advice etc. You need that QA throttle :p

I?ve got to work on my body position getting myself moving on the bike. Maybe I should speak to ?elbow down Alex? haha!

Cheers all.

Thorpey was mega in the fast stuff, baffled me when I nearly rammed him in the slower corner braking zones.

I'm trying to find out if HM Racing can calib the QA Throttle, if they can I'll need it, and will be arranging for my bike to go there for a brake rebuild (Alpha DLC), engine service, controls (inc QA and Renthals), suspension service...all before Brands in Sept. I think I'll be stripping the bike before it goes to them. So the track clothes can go back on.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWBm_iwAJfvXfXHFoYLEHMZn97Y8eHv3o

Couple of vids from the day so far...and my split times for the quicker laps. 2:07 without traffic and getting it all right is predicted. Sadly I don't think I've done under a 2:10 at Snet.

View attachment 3735

Just a quick observation with front camera, position gives a great view with soundtrack. 2 main things....1/ you're getting sucked into the turns too early meaning you can't get on the gas 'til later and 2/ the main one (which we all do subconsciously) is you are rolling off a long time before you brake, as soon as you roll off you should be braking. I'm guessing there is probably 5 secs there alone on a lap.

Great vid !!

Your comments are not wrong though most of that session I am trying to stay with the other bike, watching mirrors or pacing myself.
Its an exaggeration of my riding in general though, I do tend to roll off, count to 30 and then brake lol, or brake lightly, brake hard, brake lightly...

Last edited:
Your comments are not wrong though most of that session I am trying to stay with the other bike, watching mirrors or pacing myself.
Its an exaggeration of my riding in general though, I do tend to roll off, count to 30 and then brake lol, or brake lightly, brake hard, brake lightly...

Have to agree with Alex on this, he spent almost all day instructing so his laps weren't really his to play, although he got a few in but with such a mixed bag of riders getting a clear lap was next to impossible. Still great fun though

Latest posts

Back