BMW Club road bike only track days 2020

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bins

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm now taking entries for the 2020 BMW Club road bike only track days. They are most suitable for beginners, for experienced riders they are well behaved days! You will see I am trying to follow on from Mondays into the Tuesday as a 2 day event, you may enter the Tuesdays if you do not require the instruction, or both days.
You will also see I am running a road legal car day at Snetterton on Sunday February 23rd, those who know me will be aware that motorcycles are my first love, however I do enjoy driving my MX 5 around race tracks!
Here's a message I sent out to my mailing list.

The first event for 2020 is a road legal car day at Snetterton 300 on SUNDAY 23rd February, £130, Suitable for beginners and more experienced drivers, email me for entry forms and more info.

I am pleased to say the BMW Club bike dates for 2020 are confirmed, they are 18/19 May at Cadwell, 29/30 June at Cadwell and 24/25 August at Snetterton, you will see that they are Mondays with the option of Tuesdays as well, rather than make this a long message please email me for exact details.
You may remember in 2019 these days were fully booked at the beginning of February, basically if I get enough response I can run 6 days in 2020. I now have the forms, the prices will be £150 for the Mondays and £140 for the Tuesdays. Priority will be given to club members.

There will be continental events again next year, details of the Nurburgring courses, Gully Racing, Bikersdays and the Stephane Mertens riding school available on request.
Don't forget Neil and Ann Leigh at aeaventures for a short or long break in the Ardenne, close to the 'Ring' and Spa Francorchamps.

Thanks for reading, Robert Bensley.

I wouldn't mind doing these this year. May stick the fairings back on and enjoy some road miles.

- Alex

Well I am looking forward to getting back on track and I hope to be doing both Cadwell dates and Snetterton, last year was excellent.

I quite fancy this. With it being a road bike only, does tat mean the bike has to ave the road fairing fitted? Or can it have race fairings, so long as bike is mot'd/taxed/insured etc? I quite like the idea of booking this, but nervous of the using the bike with the road fairings, when I have race fairing for it. I'm very much an ameture on track, and worried about binning it.

I quite fancy this. With it being a road bike only, does tat mean the bike has to ave the road fairing fitted? Or can it have race fairings, so long as bike is mot'd/taxed/insured etc? I quite like the idea of booking this, but nervous of the using the bike with the road fairings, when I have race fairing for it. I'm very much an ameture on track, and worried about binning it.

I checked with Bins for the same... can I just stick road tyres on?

Bins confirmed back that, lights, mirrors, number plate all required. So that's that.

The thing with these days are that they are a fast road day. No risk greater than your Sunday blast...so why wouldn't the tyres/bike be as per that day.

I've put my name down for all 6 days so come May *A* bike better be back on the road, even if I take it there on trailer.

For anybody interested in these trackdays Rob Bensley (@bins) has emailed saying he still has spaces on the following days:
Tuesday 19th May @ Cadwell Park; Tuesday 30th June @ Cadwell Park & Tuesday 25th August @ Snetterton

These days are well organised & fun. There are usually 3 groups with the Cautious Group having lots of free tuition available - very good if you have little or no track experience.

The Experienced group has plenty of fast riders in it (like @Alex) - and they are usually let out first.

These days are worth supporting.
If you are interested contact @bins on
[email protected]

Last edited:
Hmm I didn't get that - I've mailed bins to check I'm still on the lists!

Last edited:
Alex, please try again, by the way folks, woke, I only resond to emails, I only checked p m by chance.

If anyone is thinking about attending Cadwell in June, let Bins know asap, as he doesn't have enough entries to confirm the Tuesday date (Monday is happening) as yet.

Last edited:
The Tuesdays are for anyone with a road bike that doesn't necessarily need the tuition they provide on the Monday - normal track day but with road legal bikes.
I believe all 3 are low on numbers and Rob has till the end of the month to go for it or bin it off for the May event, MSVT will probably run their own day in that case.

All bikes welcome.

Latest posts

Back