Who wants to do a Euro Day in 2013 ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More the merrier. The BMW ones are run by Focused Events. Have also been invited, however I'm not paying the £1000 that want.

I'm edging towards Almeria over the others.

This is 100% on my bucket list for this year for sure. Mates of mine have done various Euro track days and always come back with glowing reports. I dont mind which track - would be ideal if he hotel has a pool or circuit is close to the sea - the idea of having a much better % chance of dry warm sunny weather fills me with glee instead of the lottery we always play in the uk with the weather! But im definitely up for this!

Im thinking about booking a Euro track day soon - i am pretty much definitely going with Almeria purely because it has such a high chance of good weather being one of the warmest and most dry places in southern europe - and also because my ACU instructor last week totally raved about the place. Be good to hear if anyoe else fancies it.

it'd be last on my list
aragon, portimao will be my next , just looking now
good luck with it though :)

Why is that fella? Ive only ever heard good things about Almeria - what am i missing?

Hope to do one this year but it will probably be last minute.com due to work. I will keep an eye out on the forum and try to tag along.

Thinking of doing 1st european trackday this year, i know the companies that do them, but would like imput from those that have done them?
I.E travelling distances, time of year, hotels and the actual track for the s1k....Throw anything in that might be relevant

Last edited:
Hotels are usually provided within the package price. All the hotels are usually either a 4 or 5 star and of a good quality. Usually only about 10-20 mins from the circuit. You can check rain fall on the Internet for specific areas/tracks etc, but tbh most of the Spanish circuits are pretty dry most of the year round. Portimao (Portugal) can be quite wet. So if your after a definite dry euro day, I'd probably swerve that.

Iv booked Le Mans this July and Jerez for November both with No Limits and I Can't bloody wait :)

Hotels are usually provided within the package price. All the hotels are usually either a 4 or 5 star and of a good quality. Usually only about 10-20 mins from the circuit. You can check rain fall on the Internet for specific areas/tracks etc, but tbh most of the Spanish circuits are pretty dry most of the year round. Portimao (Portugal) can be quite wet. So if your after a definite dry euro day, I'd probably swerve that.

Iv booked Le Mans this July and Jerez for November both with No Limits and I Can't bloody wait :)

I fancy Le Mans, but cant spot July on the No Limits website

I knows it was fully booked about 3 weeks back. Probably haven't advertised it on the new web site because of that.

Maybe ring them up and see if they have a reserve list, I think they may do

FE have MUGELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow

Banana , I would recommend Alcarras , great circuit , closely followed by Aragon , both close to each other.
Will definately be doing another this year......still looking and scheming for a pass ;)

Would love Mugello, too soon in the year though for me :-( . If they do another Mugello trip next year, ill defo be on it :)

I am literally about to book a Euro track day within next week or so - its going to be either Portimao or Jerez in Sept - would prefer Portimao as im going to take the wife and kids and they can relax by pool/beach in the day etc - but im also considering Mugello too - either way im going to book something pretty soon.

Thinking about Jerez with no limits. Will most likely take a track bike and a road bike, I love road riding in Spain, They just bankrupted the country building all new roads that no one uses lol.

In looking to get the ferry from portsmouth to santander Spain and drive to almeria around Sep / October time. Have found a few track days at the circuit around that time

Do you know what sort of money are they charging for the track if you just turn up. I think Nuremburg moto gp track is like 40 euros for the day.

Do you know what sort of money are they charging for the track if you just turn up. I think Nuremburg moto gp track is like 40 euros for the day.
That could be possible , they will almost certainly charge you more than that though, the spanish usually want 20 euros a day for tarmac insurance , repatriation insurance plus your day on the track.....
I am sure if there were spaces the TDO would sort it

Back