Brexit Euro days.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are splitting it between a min of 2 the cost isn't bad and that is basing on a car with 30MPG.

Another thing to consider is your time for having to have to drop off and collect your bike before and after the trip. For example if i went with NL, their nearest is location 2hrs from me. If it is in the week then that for arguments sake that is a day off work plus fuel costs.

If you are flying you still need to park your car at the airport or get a taxi. (I would anyway) You may also need a hire car the other end? I would imagine driving yourself is a similar cost to flying/using the organisers transport. It could even possibly come in a tad cheaper.
You can always pay John to collect and drop off.

how about ferry to santander and drive down to Estoril? think it around a 8 hour drive? then drive down to portimao 2 hrs? 10 hour drive back over night ferry?
thats what we looking at in June

how about ferry to santander and drive down to Estoril? think it around a 8 hour drive? then drive down to portimao 2 hrs? 10 hour drive back over night ferry?
thats what we looking at in June

I think the ferry is around 30 hours crossing time on top of that, but overall it works out not too far off the road trip because of the overnight stop, tunnel, service/food stops.

27hrs is the fastest we found when deciding how to travel. Missus hasn't been on a ferry and with covid aswell plunging head first into a day on one wasn't appealling.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think the ferry is around 30 hours crossing time on top of that, but overall it works out not too far off the road trip because of the overnight stop, tunnel, service/food stops.

have to admit i didn't look at crossing time, makes a big difference when you throw in covid as Alex says, just a long drive through France when you have dodgy knees.
Mut

Latest posts

Back