S1000RR EML - Oxygen control sensors

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is true but he is confident he can do the manual tune.
The main reason for thinking about doing this is because the Gen3 system only has provision for 1 O2 sensor. Yes I can get 2 bungs welded in to give me self adapt.
With regards to fitment half of the system looks like it is going to fit, just need to check the down pipes and clearance around sump.
Fingers crossed it will but obviously won't know for sure until I get the oem system off and the Arrow mounted.

Attachments

• 20210913_140017.jpg
    20210913_140017.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210913_135940.jpg
    20210913_135940.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
You need the front wideband O2 sensors as these are used to constantly adjust and fine tune the AFR, the rears are required too as they are used by the ecu to sanity check the AFR post cat

Possible is not the same as recommended.
Why so keen to delete?
Are you sure that exhaust fits?
I’m keen to delete as they seem to go faulty regularly the forums are full of people with the same issue. When they fail the bike doesn’t seem to run right gassing on out of corners.

You need the front wideband O2 sensors as these are used to constantly adjust and fine tune the AFR, the rears are required too as they are used by the ecu to sanity check the AFR post cat
You only need the 2 O2 sensors with 5 wires for auto adapt the other 2 can be deleted.
My set up is not going to have cat.
The bike will have a manual tune, not auto, hence the deletion of sensors.

I’m keen to delete as they seem to go faulty regularly the forums are full of people with the same issue. When they fail the bike doesn’t seem to run right gassing on out of corners.
This is another reason.
At the end of the day it's just an ecu and engine.

Latest posts

Back