Andalucia - NL 14 - 17 Feb 23 - First Euro and Questions

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schua2007

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

Following my first adventures into track days last year I've pulled the pin on my first Euro TD. I've read previous posts (thanks Amit and others) but as ever questions arise so aiming to utilise the extensive knowledge of the forum.

First Q - anyone else going to Andalucia with NL during 14 - 17 Feb 23?

Next Q - I'm opting for a pair of Bridgestone R11's as never used slicks. I've purchased Tyre Warmers etc, has anyone any experience of riding on R11's and if yes I'd welcome your thoughts - or advice on other rubber?

First stupid Q - for those of you who have met me you'll recall I do not own any tools for garage tinkering (for those of you who have fallen off your chairs in disgust after that statement you can sit back down :smile-new: ). Based on my non existent toolbox, what tools do I need to acquire to enable me to take wheels off etc and where from please? The bike is a Gen 4 M Sport on a 69 plate (2019)

Next semi stupid Q - my bike is due for service in Feb 23. Do I get it serviced before or after Andalucia? Last service was 3500 miles ago and all brake pads and fluids changed so should be in a reasonable state - remember earlier statement on no garage tinkering so I've no idea.

I'm going to purchase the blanking kit from BMW. Do I get error messages on the screen etc when I disconnect and remove the indicators/rear lights etc and if yes is there a way of easily disabling the messages? I will be riding in Pro modes (set up by Perry formerly of HM Racing) so hoping this prevents any messages

Anything else I need to know at this stage? I'm sure more Q's will arise so sincere thank you in advance as I test all of your patience leading up to the trip!

Thanks,

Rich

Congrats on taking the plunge.

R11's are Ronseal (just work). They are effectively V02's but have blocks to move which helps create heat, and some have said feel.

Packing, keep it simple with carnets needing to be filled out. There is a BMW Dealer in Almeria if it goes to sh*t.

Hardest thing with the wheel change is holding it at the right height. Some use a small piece of wood on the floor to hold the wheel up whilst fiddling with the caliper. I don't know if on a stock Gen 4 you have to release the rear brake hose from the hugger to get the necessary length.

Go with the R11's fitted, spare rear at most, though I think 1 set of tyres will do.

You should check your brake pads and consider upgrades to something like SBS RST's

I would do the service before you then know its tip top for high revving.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice one,

Take bare minimum as a first time. Enough to take off wheels, adjust calipers, etc. Plenty of helpful regulars that will be on hand to assist with tools (Alex was that guy-thanks)

I had my supercorsas on and did a few sessions and then changed to slicks lunchtime on the first day. The tyres do their thing? you just do yours. Once you get over that mindset, you will love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some places only change tyres at the end of the day. I have a piece of wood I slide under the back wheel before taking the axle out, that way you can easily move at will and it's right height on refitting I slide rear caliper forward and out (minding the rim) before wheel removal.

Jumping on the back of this thread as I?m over there on the 26th. Anyone else on this trip? If so I?ll see you for a few laps and a few beers [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back