Tyco BMW only track day at Donington park 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my missis has been told she has to be in garage 1 to 14. lol. shes not happy as i do her paddock stands and sort her bike for her. I think shes going to go where she wants to so if you see a rebel gixer girl in a beemer garage then thats her.lol

my missis has been told she has to be in garage 1 to 14. lol. shes not happy as i do her paddock stands and sort her bike for her. I think shes going to go where she wants to so if you see a rebel gixer girl in a beemer garage then thats her.lol

Haha get her on the Beemer, I'll be there about 7.15 ish, Motorsport colours, smallest bloke there in BM leathers, garage 33 it is then if there's any room, if not I'll head for garages 1-14 lol

Really good track day yesterday. Smashed my PB from last year, only my second visit to Donnington so plenty of room for improvement.

BMW hospitality was very good, they even provided me with bags of ice to keep my back in 'slick' mode between sessions lol.

It was nice to meet up with everyone. Plenty of banter, hope everyone got home safely.

My body hurts today though :).

So gutted to not have had the chance to do this. Sounds like a good day and fast times for all.

I am also in a lot of muscle pain today, wasn't really track-fit....I'm sure I got slower as the day went on, even forgot to switch from Sport to Race mode (excuses added just in case Soof beats my time!!).

It was a really good day, although I was very unimpressed by many riders (none from here) ignoring the rules on overtakes, it was getting properly silly as the day went on.

re next year, I hope they are on, also want to do both. I asked why the Park Algar tyco weekend in November was cancelled - was told that BMW budget cuts caused it....

Soof yes I've got all the pics and videos, if any of you guys want them emailing, pm me your details and I'll send them over.
was a brilliant well organised day with some good banter firing around. To say it was only my 2nd ever trackday I was pleased with my pace and also not binning it. Got some good video footage chasing soof then watching ekdg fly past then the seriously quick kls come flying past.
during lunch me, soof and Dave (ekdg) were sat with Richard Cooper, we were talking about maybe competing in an 8 hour endurance race on Honda c90's, coops says we can hire his race winning bike for the day. Anyone up for it maybe a forum team, kls's name is first on the sheet.

well i had a good day too, didnt meet anyone.lol my missis was on the girls day so i was made to go in garage 15 next to the garage she was in. i did pop down in the morning but no one was there, just the bikes. ive got a few vids to put on so you might spot yourselves somewhere. my missis had a great day as she was probably the quickest girl out there. she was even giving lessons on how to get your knee down at some point.lol. there was about 8 girls around her bike and even asking to have there pictures taken with her. gobsmacked was the expression on her face.lol

well i had a good day too, didnt meet anyone.lol my missis was on the girls day so i was made to go in garage 15 next to the garage she was in. i did pop down in the morning but no one was there, just the bikes. ive got a few vids to put on so you might spot yourselves somewhere. my missis had a great day as she was probably the quickest girl out there. she was even giving lessons on how to get your knee down at some point.lol. there was about 8 girls around her bike and even asking to have there pictures taken with her. gobsmacked was the expression on her face.lol

Thats brilliant! Such a shame you had to spend your time dealing with her fans lol, budgie would have been glad to assist :).

i just watched one of her videos and im not joking to say she did lap a few of the girls 3 times in one session, she must have made over 50 passes in each session. no wonder her lap times were down by about 10 seconds.lol

Last edited:
sounds like you all had a great time, get the pics and vids up lads :race2_smilie:

r25sti , I was in your garage ? think I used your helmet cooler ? I was with the lad on the demo bike that im not allowed to mention !!!!

Latest posts

Back