2020 Forum meet - 26th July

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Schuey
2. Budgie
3. Soofsayer
4. HertsTif (maybe +1)
5. Valhalla64
6. Vince1100(maybe +1)

Im up for it ,rejected my first sports RR just got replacement 2 days ago after waiting a month , so l best get some miles on it....
l know this is a cheek....but ...
on a side note sure seen some where on here but has anyone had issues with the sat nav , couldnt get to work on last & same on new ...l must be doing something wrong , l know wrong area to ask but it might help me getting there ...lol

Now then. Assuming you have the app downloaded and it?s linked in via Bluetooth to the bike open up the app and hit the second icon on the bottom of the screen which shows a folded map. Then in the search bar at the top of the page type where you want to go and this will give you a number of addresses. I have used it once when I picked up the bike but not since as I found my Bluetooth not really connecting. Just tried it again and it works fine. Hope this helps.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather looking a bit pants for Sunday at the moment, hope it changes as there?s still time.

I rode through the derbyshire dales on my bike last week in the rain. No fun.

I noticed quite a lot of diesel and/or oil on the roads, maybe partly because of the mot extension?

If the weather is not good we could reschedule for September. The weather then is often better then it is now, just with shorter evenings.

I rode through the derbyshire dales on my bike last week in the rain. No fun.

I noticed quite a lot of diesel and/or oil on the roads, maybe partly because of the mot extension?

If the weather is not good we could reschedule for September. The weather then is often better then it is now, just with shorter evenings.

I was at the Derbyshire Dales on the weekend, awesome roads around there, especially near Carsington Waters.

ive booked the day off work have a rr loan bike if mine is not fixed in time the weather can be changeable depending on area we are in Buxton has its own climate, but hopefully it will stay dry on the day.

once we meet up the route takes on some great roads and the afternoon will include the road past carsington to ashbourne. if there are specific roads we like from the morning we can get back on them using some other good roads.

Now then. Assuming you have the app downloaded and it?s linked in via Bluetooth to the bike open up the app and hit the second icon on the bottom of the screen which shows a folded map. Then in the search bar at the top of the page type where you want to go and this will give you a number of addresses. I have used it once when I picked up the bike but not since as I found my Bluetooth not really connecting. Just tried it again and it works fine. Hope this helps.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers mick , think it must of been something on my samsung s6 phone messed around with the settings a bit to keep app connected & on top or something but seemed to fix it & finally had it working , doesnt seem to bad ....cheers

ive booked the day off work have a rr loan bike if mine is not fixed in time the weather can be changeable depending on area we are in Buxton has its own climate, but hopefully it will stay dry on the day.

once we meet up the route takes on some great roads and the afternoon will include the road past carsington to ashbourne. if there are specific roads we like from the morning we can get back on them using some other good roads.

If its going to be raining substantially then I will not attend on my bike, the power rs tyres are not suited to spirited riding in the wet. Out of those attending what?s the consensus on weather/postpone/decide by..?

If would say let?s make a final decision on Saturday, if the weather forecast is pants for Sunday then we postpone?

Yeah, don't fancy it if it's pissing down. My Raceteks aren't great in the wet either. And after all, we want to meet for fun, not to emulate some kind of Japanese endurance game show

Yeah, don't fancy it if it's pissing down. My Raceteks aren't great in the wet either. And after all, we want to meet for fun, not to emulate some kind of Japanese endurance game show

LOL - Takeshi's Castle!

Well, today the weather report is better for Sunday, showing light cloud with outbreaks of sunshine, around 25% risk of rain.

Morning Soof, weather looks ok for tomorrow, fingers crossed. I?ve never been up to the peaks on the bike, but I know how to get up to Carsington Water. We can meet there or I can put a different location into the Sat Nav. Happy either way and just need a time. Will take me a couple of hours to get to you guys I reckon.

Latest posts

Back