Moffat Thursday 23rd June Meet Up Info

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a nailed on certainty I will arrange a 2017 meet up after the success this year, which was accidental.

It started because I invited Alex to spend a few days around the borders / Northumberland with me as he'd not been up here before. I only knew Alex from a handful of trackdays and his help on the forum before this. I decided to book accommodation at Moffat for a night to break up the riding, I put a post up about it as we have a lot of northern/Scottish members, and it snowballed from there.

I was delighted with the turnout, but I think that next time the route should be shorter and easier to ride. In hindsight some of the roads were maybe a bit tricky in terms of keeping the group together, the A75 would have been a better blast for everyone. These things evolve which is no bad state of affairs.

Haha, I very much look forward to our paths crossing also RR, your post made me laugh. We did indeed have great day, glad you managed your trip without your customary hedge diving somersaults and you managed not to knock any Polis off their bikes this time.

Take care.

JimmyMac

Me too JM, I mean Your Highness :congratulatory: Yes it looked like you all had a good day out, though I suspect Malic1212 and stuartb may have been a bit pee'd off, after their.....er....off's:upset: Yeh, you're right about me managing NOT to perform any gymnastics this time out, and that's after riding 940 miles. I think perhaps, I may be learning.... at last.:applause:

Lol hi roadrunner... that was me at the chemist..I was in getting some hay fever tablets not what you were thinking (who have you been talking too?) Im trying hard to shake off this reputation that follows me about.

Stuart
stuarts phone[/QUOTE

Yeh, whatever stuartb. Is that why you were waiting for a male assistant in the chemists:highly_amused:
]

Lol hi roadrunner... that was me at the chemist.. Funnily enough I did notice someone looking at my bike Im guessing it was you, you should have said when I came out it would have been good to say hello.

Stuart

stuarts phone

I don't think it would have been me stuartb, I didn't get up close enough to your bike and stayed quite a way back. It looked like you were going to be in the chemist for quite a while, as no one came rushing to serve you. It was getting close to our departure time so I beat a hasty retreat to join our party. Who could have guessed that a few hours later that lovely bike would be on it's side. On the plus side, looking at the pictures, the damage doesn't look too bad and I hope that's the case!

I don't think it would have been me stuartb, I didn't get up close enough to your bike and stayed quite a way back. It looked like you were going to be in the chemist for quite a while, as no one came rushing to serve you. It was getting close to our departure time so I beat a hasty retreat to join our party. Who could have guessed that a few hours later that lovely bike would be on it's side. On the plus side, looking at the pictures, the damage doesn't look too bad and I hope that's the case!

Lol...RR I've been called many things but never a faggot..haha.

Aye the bike is actually fine some cosmetic damage, I've now got my indicator, brake pedal bit and I bought a HP4 Carbon Belly pan and RHS Shark gill panel from Robbie Sylvester, he is coming up on Tuesday to see Mark Buckleys dad Jimmy (Mark died in the NW a few years ago).,. Jimmy lives along the road from me, so he's dropping the panel off at my house...how's that for service...Jimmy Mac got some panels off him too.

Happy days

Great pics guys, I'll be there next year :) already planning a longer trip to Scotland

https://goo.gl/maps/FaiVhzZS4Kn

I redone it there Stephen, sure I had missed bits out on it...the scenery is sensational...if you drop the wee gold figure in on some of those roads further up you will get an idea...really remote and well worth going, we totally knocked it off with the weather.

Last edited:
glad you got all your bits sorted stu, hope your walled didn't take to much of a pumping....

Aye cheers Davy... not bad so far.. indicator 27 quid. Footpeg 16 S/h panel 40.. S/h BM Carbon bellypan 275... which is a steal as its in good order

stuarts phone

Latest posts

Back