Moffat Thursday 23rd June Meet Up Info

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
Ok folks, I have started a new thread as the old one is getting fairly lengthy. This is where to post now for the meet up.

Please read the forum disclaimer before attending: http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?2134-Bike-Excursions-Disclaimer

The rules of engagement for our get together are as follows, please read:

1 - The most important aspect of the day is that everyone arrives safely and everyone goes home safely. Everything else is secondary. This is a social event, there is nothing to prove to anyone, it is not a race.

2 - If you plan to attend please PM me your mobile number (I will send you my number by return). This helps with getting lost / delayed etc, or deciding on the day that you are not coming (which is ok, shit happens).

3 - Group riding can be hazardous so lets avoid any issues by always riding within your own abilities and giving riders space around them to ride without worrying about other bikes. Please do not feel compelled to 'keep up' with other bikes if you are not comfortable doing so, it isn't worth it.

4 - As a group we will invariably get spaced out from time to time (probably due to traffic and overtaking). Please take responsibility for the rider behind you and regularly check they are in sight so you know they are following (particularly at/after a junction) - if we all do this no one can get lost.

5 - If something has gone wrong - call me asap.

6 - Check your bike / tyres / kit before the day, breaking down is no fun for anyone so try to minimise the chance.

7 - Be sociable! Most of us have never met offline so if you are planning to come along but know nobody you are not alone, so don't be shy!!!!!

Meeting details:

Thursday 23rd June - Meet from 10.30 am. We will depart 11am sharp -- Full tank of fuel please and empty bladders before we leave!!!

Meet in Moffat town centre. The centre is a square (rectangle to be precise) with parking in the middle section. At the top (north) end of the square is a Texaco petrol station called Colvin Filling Station (good spot to fill up before the ride). We will park our bikes in the parking bays (middle bit of the square) across from the petrol station based on what is available when we arrive in the morning (it is quieter up that end of the square for parking). If you get there early try and park one bike to a bay until we have 4 or 5 bays to 'reserve' a bit of space for everyone else. I will be there from just after 10am.

Google links here:
Filling station:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...52cc01614!8m2!3d55.335208!4d-3.440337!6m1!1e1

There are numerous cafes around the centre square to get coffees / brekkie etc if you want to do that, there is one next to the petrol station too :).

After the ride has finished back in Moffat in the afternoon, a few of us are heading over to Kelso for supper as an extension to the day. If you want to join us for this please let me know so I can make booking arrangements (see post 18).

I dont think I have forgotten anything but if you have any suggestions please say so.

Route plan to follow.....

Last edited:
that's a great list soof , some very good points , look forward to meeting everyone.

David

I can count up 10 without trying so maybe more???

Just to remind you soof, I shall be already there by the time you arrive, having booked our rooms from the 20th. As already mentioned I will be with a group of friends doing our yearly trip, but I will not be on the BM but my trusty Yam FZ1N. I look forward to meeting those staying in the hotel on the night of the 22nd. I will be in the bar and you will be able to recognise me by the carnation in my lapel:glee: I will also try to be in the square when you leave on the 23rd. I too am looking forward to meeting you guys:couple_inlove: Please all have a safe journey, there and back:superbike:

I think Alex and I will decamp to the pub next door on the 22nd so I will pm you on the day when we know what time we are about. I think we will ride over for lunchtime on Wednesday and drop our gear before heading off somewhere tbc in the afternoon. Probably up to Broughton and beyond :).

Cheers for the links Soof... really sensible discussing roadcraft particularly when weve all not ridden together... organised overtaking works great when theres a lot of riders out together..

stuarts phone

As a bit of an extra to the existing itinerary Alex and I have supper booked on the 23rd in Kelso that evening. It is about a 90 minute ride over there, we will be taking the A701 north from Moffat and then across to Peebles before heading on to Kelso.

If any members would like to join us or meet us there, you are most welcome, please let me know so I can change the numbers for the table I booked (it is a popular restaurant hence the booking).

This should hopefully open the meet up to a few of our Northumbrian / East coast members who might not be able to get to Moffat that day.

Latest posts

Back