2017 Euro Trackday Season

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been euro with FE 3 times with mates. We have never had any problems whatsoever but I have heard the stories as well. Kevin Healey is a bit of an ol woman but I go for track time, I don't have to drink with him lol. All in all their euro days run well.

Anyone wants to ask questions no probs

I now see that people bring kit in bags and they are packed separate from the bike.
1. Do you recommend I get a kit bag like this; http://www.freestylextreme.com/uk/ogio-black-stealth-big-mouth-mx-roller-gear-bag.aspx
2. And put anything else (chair/paddock stands/tools in another soft bag?
3. How many sets of tyres can you get away with? I'd like 2 sets as it's going out for 8 days without return.

FE Transport Allowance:

Kit bag-any size but weigh no more than 15kgs
Tool box 2'x1'x1' max weight 13kgs
Pair paddock stands
Folding Chair
One pair of tyres OR one pair spare wheels/tyres.
Any extra tyres/wheels will be charged at ?10 each(Alex,when you drop the bike off,tell them you are leaving the bike in Almeria-I'm sure they'll not charge you for extra wheels.
FE take photos of your bike when you drop it off.

Having helped FE unload the bikes,the condition of the bikes and the way they're wrapped leaves something to be desired.It's not surprising one occasionally gets damaged(I have seen screens get broken when stillages are lifted off with other companies,also bikes laying on top each other because the owner hasn't strapped them on properly!).

What Baz said + don't overload toolbox with 'maybe i'll need this or that', take just necessary tools i.e. for spindle nuts, torx etc. there will always be someone who will have whatever you don't, it's all weight. I have a long bag which takes my leathers and boots etc. chair goes loose as do stands and tyres/wheels. recommend sturdy tool box and lock if poss. You will get labels on drop off for your items, take some bubble wrap, every little helps. If yr thinking of taking brake pads, put new ones in and leave old ones. Crash hat is nicely packed with rolled up tshirts, skiddies, socks etc, you will be surprised how much room in yr helmet lol & goes with me in a bag as hand luggage according to flight rules.

Last edited:
European Trackday

I've been on European trackdays with both Focused Events and No Limits and I've not experienced any problems with either company. I do however prefer the latter's use of stillages for transporting the bike and kit to and from the event.

image_zps7zvipwbq.jpeg

I took the following items with me to Portim?o back in September. As for the bike I fitted new Metzeler Racetec RR slicks and front brake pads along with fresh oil prior to it being transported to the circuit.

Front and rear paddock stands.
Tyre warmers.
Loose Metzeler Racetec RR slicks.
Spare wheels with Metzeler wets fitted.
Kit bag.
Basic toolkit.
Camping chair.
Extension lead and Euro sockets.
Transport straps.

I then just had a carry-on bag for the flight over along with my Arai helmet. You don't really need all that much kit for 3-4 days on track.

Cheers. Toolkit is down to 13.5kg's and thats with cans of chain lube/cleaner and the HP data logger in to too. Looks like I need one socket for the head stock and a 3/8F-1/2"M adapter and I'm sorted...

- Sent from Mobile

To be added to the front page list I need the dates/number of days.

Nice - I've chosen to stick with Andalucia only for those dates as I understand it takes a day to "get" the track. Once I have 4 days under my belt at both Almeria and Andalucia I'll probably want to do the Mix'n'Match trips.

Tyre warmers in the belly? I have no cat and an ilmberger

- Sent from Mobile

Fill the exhaust with all the spare nuts , bolts spare levers etc

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

JEREZ GP CIRCUIT ? THURS 16 TO SAT 18 MARCH 2017 with Tracksense.

Live timing with free use of transponder, free access to lap times and groups arranged according to lap times. I've been with them before and they're a really good bunch. You share a stillage with someone so your bike and kit don't just get crammed in the back of a HGV. You can also pay extra if you want to take anything (reasonable) you can't fit in your stillage such as wets, extra tyres tool boxes etc ... We even took our own tyre changing equipment last time which saved a few quid ;-)

The Bike drop off is in Sandy Bedfordshire which is really handy for me as it's just round the corner.

http://www.tracksense.co.uk/Event Details 170316 Jerez.pdf

Sod it, just book alcarrass with pacedayz as well for october. Been before, great set up and great circuit (left hander)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back