MotoGP 2018, Austria, accommodation recommendations pls

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreudianSlip

Reaction score
I've just booked for Brno next year in an AirBnB (as the hotel prices have gone skyward) and wanted to do the Austrian GP the following week on the way back. Can anyone suggest anywhere reasonably good value for money to stay near(ish) to the track?

There will most likely be 3 of us.

A quick look at AirBnB / Hotels for Speilberg for the GP week will set me back well into 4 digits, which is beyond my desire to attend the race in person.

TIA

RoundEventCircuitRace day
1QATAR GPLosail International Circuit18th MARCH
2ARGENTINA GPTermas de Rio Hondo08th APRIL
3AMERICAS GPCircuit of the Americas22nd APRIL
4SPANISH GPCircuito de Jerez06th MAY
5FRENCH GPLe Mans20th MAY
6ITALIAN GPAutodromo di Mugello03rd JUNE
7CATALUNYA GPCircuit de Barcelona-Catalunya17th JUNE
8DUTCH GPTT Circuit Assen01st JULY
9GERMAN GPSachsenring15th JULY
10CZECH GPAutomotodrom Brno05th AUGUST
11AUSTRIAN GPRed Bull Ring - Spielberg12th AUGUST
12BRITISH GPCircuit to be announced26th AUGUST
13SAN MARINO GPMisano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli09th SEPTEMBER
14ARAGON GPMotorLand Aragon23rd SEPTEMBER
15THAI GPChang International Circuit07th OCTOBER
16JAPANESE GPTwin Ring Motegi21st OCTOBER
17AUSTRALIAN GPPhillip Island Circuit28th OCTOBER
18MALAYSIAN GPSepang International Circuit04th NOVEMBER
19VALENCIA GPCircuit Ricardo Tormo18th NOVEMBER

Last edited:
Aye Jay - Booking.com/Hotels.com are my 'go-to' sites but I'm looking at huge money from both sites *and* from airBnB ... I dont want to tent it or I'll have to buy another bike and I certainly cant afford that ! :D

lol - prague is a bit far from Speilberg - especially for commuting for 3 days :)

I though I had the Brno thing sorted, but I've just got an email from the lady who rents her flat out through airbnb to say she's unsure if she'll be renting next year ... sigh, cant win! Do it late and nothings available, do it early and .. meh..

Nah, I'm sorted for Brno - stayed there earlier in the year to watch the GP - was ok - I'm not that exciting anyway :) I wouldnt want to commute from Prague to Brno anyway - it takes *hours* even on their dangerous un-repaired mantraps they call motorways.

Managed go get airbnb for < ?400 for us all in Brno centre, but Austria is the one that I'm struggling with.

Latest posts

Back