2017 Euro Trackday Season

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
krs?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

d81da66bb079c583d0464b39c5082fce.jpg

- Sent from Mobile

?70 cheaper than krs thats a good price. i was under the impression (wrongly) that 212s were cut krs

There's a pro/racer slick/tread version of the D212. Very confusing!

- Sent from Mobile

Sat in airport waiting for flight to Spain.
Couple of days chilling out then Almeria here we come 😊😊😊

Sat in airport waiting for flight to Spain.
Couple of days chilling out then Almeria here we come 😊😊😊
have a good trip sir

The put up some bike pics so we know whom to look out for.

- Sent from Mobile

Alex,
am hiring one of their S1000rrs as my track bike had some issues after Donnington that haven’t been resolved.

So will probably be where they are.

See you there

You?ll just take it to any garage. I hired the R1 there last time.

- Sent from Mobile

Ahhh, ok then.

For what and whom should I be on the look out for?

Bananaman, Keith, will be there day 1 his bike looks like the eRR bmw concept bike (google for pics).

I will be there Thursday, bike looks as per avatar. Decided to take my JL99 hjc helmet

- Sent from Mobile

All booked in, had a beer, sat on balcony looking at a cloudless blue sky listening to the birds.
nice ......
Here’s to tomorrow

Been good so far in Almeria. Fantastic weather, cloud today has kept the temps down so we arn?t losing kilo?s of sweat every session, unlike yesterday.

Today, I?ve changed from Metzeler CompK?s to Dunlop D212 Racer Slicks. In a word, a revelation. The bike turns so well, it?s adjustable mid corner and so much nicer. So in short, I don?t think I?ll ever return to the CompK?s. Or their profile.

I?m not setting any records as usual, but today its all working much better and The easier it comes the more fun it is.

Last day for us is tomorrow so about 10 sessions.

Been good to meet up with Baz, Bananaman, John etc!

- Sent from Mobile

glad the dunlops are working for you

Well that was fantastic ����
Great track, great bike, great weather and with the added bonus of meeting Alex and Bananaman.
What could be better, oh I know have 4 days of it with a few beers and some stories in the evening.
Did a one day rider clinic with Terry Rymer the fitrst day, what a top bloke. Gave me some sagely advice that helped enormously, felt much better and by day 4 was riding best that I have. Got some top tips off Steve Brogan too, he didn’t have to take time out to help but did so full credit to him.
Roll on the next one.

Back from Almeria to-day, about 3am :crushed: . Spent first 2 days towing a friend around on his race prepped 675 as it was his first time there and have to say enjoyed the 'instructor' role seeing him learn the lines more than being on track lol ! Day 1 started in advanced (group 4) steady laps and slow build up, doing around 1.57s, day 2 was put down to group 3 (I did warn him this would possibly happen lol) which he was disappointed with and apologised profusely as it dropped me as well . He's one of these riders that are chomping at the bit and it was a job to reign him in lol. More follow the leader and switching brought us down to the 1.53s. Day 3 morning, back in group 4, 1st session follow the leader then remaining sessions let him off the leash, by the end of day was in the 1.51s consistently, I posted a 50 flat so was happy. Day 4 unfortunately his 675 developed an oil smear on the bellypan so was retired, by lunch I squeezed in a 1.49.29 and being the old git I am decided that my body was absolutely knackered and wanted to go home in one piece not just badly abused ! Just .3 away from 48, but, if you start chasing.......
Fritz ( I didn't name it ) behaved impeccably throughout and will get a thorough clean when it gets back and treat it to fresh oil.
Vo2's were brilliant, had a little slide on the 3rd day but it was 30deg so entitled to have a little protest I guess. Changed for 4th day, front lasted 4days and still some to go...
Great to meet up with the guys, Alex, yr pipe sounds awesome past the pits buddy !
One morning we had off because of a, erm... fuzzy head, must've been a quick virus ....:biggrin-new:

Last edited:
Just got back, awesome stuff.

Bike and I are starting to work together better now. My only negative is the seat height - it's like trying to get on a GSA. I think I am going to change next year to a lower profile rear setup as I can barely touch the floor which makes getting from peg to peg harder as I have to physically move up over and down more....and then there's the manoeuvring in the pits!

Front end works much better for me now with these Dunlops, I think I'll stick with them a while and just work on riding rather than parts testing :)

Will meetup with the bike, baz et al in Portimao in Nov...

Just got back, awesome stuff.

Bike and I are starting to work together better now. My only negative is the seat height - it's like trying to get on a GSA. I think I am going to change next year to a lower profile rear setup as I can barely touch the floor which makes getting from peg to peg harder as I have to physically move up over and down more....and then there's the manoeuvring in the pits!

Front end works much better for me now with these Dunlops, I think I'll stick with them a while and just work on riding rather than parts testing :)

Will meetup with the bike, baz et al in Portimao in Nov...

If we had thought you could have tried mine for size..... SEAT !

Last edited:
Yup...indeed. Though I had a seat in the pits on the stand. Lower seat would help breaking stability (leg against tank) too.

- Sent from Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back