Tyres for my S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wheres that from trumpetman???
near town meself and wouldnt mind a bit of that , in fact ask them if its cheaper for 2 sets :)

My local Protyre will do Corsa's for £238 fitted (I rang them today to enquire), so doesn't seem that much cheaper than a normal price.

Thinking I will stick with the Rosso II's, been reading reviews and most say it's hard to tell the Corsa and Rosso apart, even Pirelli's website has almost identical info about both tyres.

Just had a pair of Bridgestone BT16 Pro fitted at £200 for the pair (fitted to loose wheel). Thet were my all I ever had fitted on the Fireblade and were unmoveable. The original fitment K3's only lastes 2000 miles before squaring off and I found them quite twitchy, hence the step back to what I know.

I will let you know how they get on.

Syd.

Just had the metzeler M5's fitted by HM Racing and first impressions over 200 miles are very positive, for medium to fast road riding. Very stable, don't seem to move at all, and very confidence inspiring . Almost at the edge of the tyre, and have been riding a little more cautiously than normal as I get used to them.
Looking at the groove pattern I am sure they will be great in the wet, especially over the K3 which were pretty hopeless (although not designed for the wet, to be fair)
The biggest difference over the K3 though, is bike comfort. It's night and day, from feeling every bump and very twitchy, to a real magic carpet feeling over bumps and ruts. For those of you who have not ridden in East Sussex this is very important, lol!! Usually there is a trade off for performance , but so far so good.
Off to Normandy for 4 days in a few weeks so they will get a full test then .

Last edited:
I use on mine Dunlop`s D211 ntec GP RACER, D212 and maybe in future KR106/108. Very good TRack tyres

D211/Supercorsa is like for like so it's more down to personal preference, D211 vs Rosso corsa is track tyre vs fast road tyre

Update on the Pilot Power 3s on track yesterday they just melted and caused bum wetting slides with out warning. So despite what they say don't go there.

So you enjoyed the experience then? Good day for it mate, I totally forgot you were going.

I was lucky with the weather thats for sure but I couldn't get into the groove with that rubber hey ho won't make that mistake again. You shouldn't have the same issues on the Pirellis though.

wow thats good to know , they are marketed as being good in the wet , but that sounds proper shite.
did you change them or stick with them for the day ?

I was lucky with the weather thats for sure but I couldn't get into the groove with that rubber hey ho won't make that mistake again. You shouldn't have the same issues on the Pirellis though.
I know mate, tried n tested :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:
Shame you didnt click on the day,

wow thats good to know , they are marketed as being good in the wet , but that sounds proper shite.
did you change them or stick with them for the day ?

I would say they are good in the wet, they should be the treads massive. I stuck with them on the day Bob because I'm tight and no hero but I was gob smacked they were sliding even when proper warm and the snot balls on the edges are epic. Should have stuck some K3s or Pirellis. Shall I bore you lot with a picture?

Here it is. I rubbed off some of the rubber riding home but it extended up to the hard bit in the center. The balder bits on the extreme edge is where it was sliding and wearing the snots off. Nice
pilot power 3.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG2570.jpg
    CIMG2570.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts

Back