Tyres for my S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S20's ok in wet after 10 minutes to get enough heat into them. S20's better than K3's in wet. I didn't like the M5's.

Out of the 5 different tyres i used, the best for grip wet and dry were the Rosso 2. Also being the cheapest of the 5 I can't complain about them. Admittedly they didn't last long, but i'm a heavy guy for any tyre to survive with especially a softer compound like the Rosso2

Can I ask why you didn't like the M5's?

Can I ask why you didn't like the M5's?

I did answer this already Harlequin but I don't mind doing so again. Didn't feel the grip at very edge of tyre and in the wet I would of already got to work (8 miles) before they had enough heat to give confidence on.

I did answer this already Harlequin but I don't mind doing so again. Didn't feel the grip at very edge of tyre and in the wet I would of already got to work (8 miles) before they had enough heat to give confidence on.

Ah, sorry about that chap. Just trying to make sense of it all!

We can all give opinions on tyres but it's all down to each user in the end.

Personal weight, riding style, suspension setup, riding skill level, weekend warrior or everyday commuter etc etc.

I think everyone should try every tyre then your'll know which is your favourite.

Next on my list is some Mich's if they suck i'll go back to Rosso2

After 3000 miles the conti sport attacks are just about done-in now, getting prices for Bridgestone S20s but can get pirellis cheap through my brother so might try one of theirs.

whats the crack with insurance companies and putting tyres on your bike that arnt recommended by bmw, will they refuse to pay out if you have an accident

just fitted another Conti sport attack 2 to the rear , I got 2.4k and 3 track days out of the first one and never had a scare so that's good enough for me :)

I love the Rosso II's.

the Supercorsa is street legal so might try a Supercorsa instead of a Rosso Corsa

lol.
I'm not fussed on how often I have to have new tyres, as long as I like the tyre i've got i'll put new ones on monthly if needs be.

lol.
I'm not fussed on how often I have to have new tyres, as long as I like the tyre i've got i'll put new ones on monthly if needs be.
Jeez, that would be good news for your local Tyre man. The most tyres ive ever used was on my SP1, 12 rears in 2 years (32k miles) :wink-new:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back