Bridgestone Tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pauly

Reaction score
My heart sank a little when I saw the Bridgestone S21 tyres on my new gen4. I've never got on with Bridgestone's, and Rosso Corsa's have been my favourite tyres for the last 15 years. My 1299 had Supercorsa's and they were brilliant. Now after just 120 miles on the S21's, I'm thinking about binning them, is it just a confidence thing or am I right to give up on them?

tbh doesn't make much diffrence what others say,if your not happy with them, thats all that matters if you have a different preference

If you want to sell the 21,s id be interested. Need some road tyre to trade the bike in with.

I was going to wait until the first service, and get the tyres swapped to Rosso Corsas then. Seeing as there's just been a recall on the bike, I'm not sure if I'll get the bike run in this year.

Well 120 miles you've baely scrubbed them in. And you've probably done yourself no favours with the preconceptions. If you went in blind you might have not noticed - then again you might not have gotten on with the tyres all the same.

What was the last Bridgestone tyre you tried? They?re awesome tyres. I?ve tried everything in the last 3 years and tyres are just phenomenal now, not like they were years ago where you?d try a set and be like ?what in the **** are these all about????..

mind you the S22?s are brilliant which superseded the 21?s.

Well 120 miles you've baely scrubbed them in. And you've probably done yourself no favours with the preconceptions. If you went in blind you might have not noticed - then again you might not have gotten on with the tyres all the same.
Preconceptions based on past experiences? My brand new K6 GSXR 1000 came on Bridgestones, after a few hundred miles I'd had enough of the unpredictable slides and switched to Rosso Corsa's, which were miles better. My brand new Gen 2 1000RR came on Bridgestones too, I gave them away after 1k miles. Maybe the Bridgestone S22's would be a match, but the S21's definitely won't be on my bike much longer.

I do believe the S22's are a step change on from the S21's. Not used them myself.
The Rosso Corsa 4's should be a great tyre too

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Again what was the Bridgestone?s that were on them? I?m guessing the Gen 2 was the RS10?s which are superb tyres.

My Gen 2 and 4 both came with K3s. Couldn't believe my 70 plate R came with S20s - s22 are definitely a step change from them, really noticed a difference. The R currently has s21s and I can't really fault them.

Worst tyre I ever experienced was the M5RRs, slipped way too often, binned them after 1000 miles. The M7 and M9s have been brilliant, still not convinced the 9s are massively better than the 7s.

Nothing to do with the tyres on this chat but I found Power 5s on track were terrible, my Gen 1 10R was snaking all over the place, pissed about all day with pressures, no where near the same level of grip or behaviour of the Power RS which I feel was one of the best tyres Michelin ever knocked out.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

My new Gen 3 came with M7RR's & I couldn't ever get them warm to the touch after a ride, even tried a new set after the OEM ones wore out. Switched to the S22's and really like them, nice and warm which gave me confidence. Never ridden on Corsa's though.

As mentioned earlier, it's about what they feel like to you that counts

Again what was the Bridgestone?s that were on them? I?m guessing the Gen 2 was the RS10?s which are superb tyres.

It was 16 and 9 years ago, I can barely remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, BT16 and S20 maybe. Bridgestone themselves rated the S21 level with the Rosso and below the Rosso Corsa. Maybe it is partly a confidence thing, but I've always felt much more connected to the road with Pirelli's. Saying that, their car tyres seem to go off dramatically when they get to 4-5 years old and half worn.

Oh I hated the BT016's too...had them on a CB1000R. Swapped for Conti Road Attack's and never looked back.

Just spoken to the supplying dealer, and they're fitting a new set of Rosso Corsa's for me. I'm hoping my Gen 4 will be almost as good as my 1299S was on Supercorsa's. Though maybe the Ducati on Ohlins suspension and Marchesini wheels will be a hard act to follow.

The S20/21 etc are a more road biased tyre so you can?t directly compare them to the Rosss Corsa as that?s more like the RS11 etc, the Pirelli Rosso 3 and now 4 would be a better comparison to the S21/22. I?ve ran both on track and ran both on my previous bikes, 1299s and GSXR 1000. I?ve also ran the R11?s, RS10?s etc and they?re all good.

The BT016 was a pish tyre especially the front, always ended up shaped like a 50p coin.

That reminds me of a joke.

This Dads at home all happy because his daughter has just married a millionaire, next thing the door goes

So he goes and answers it and here?s the daughter standing with her bags crying like buggery,

?what?s up?

daughter says ?I?ve left him dad?

?what do you mean you?ve left him, he?s a millionaire ffs?

?well, before we were married my bum hole was the size of a 1p coin and now we?re married it?s the size of a 50p coin?????.

?what, you?ve left him over 49 fookin pence?????..

The S20/21 etc are a more road biased tyre so you can?t directly compare them to the Rosss Corsa as that?s more like the RS11 etc, the Pirelli Rosso 3 and now 4 would be a better comparison to the S21/22. I?ve ran both on track and ran both on my previous bikes, 1299s and GSXR 1000. I?ve also ran the R11?s, RS10?s etc and they?re all good.

Not really sure what point you're trying to make here, I said the Rosso Corsa is better than the S21 and it seems you agree. If you chose to use the inferior S21 on track perhaps you were in the slow group, or have just got big bollocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back