New member and new to me S1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wesifume

Reaction score
Hi all , new member Wes, Wesifume here

recently bought a track only 2012 S1000RR and joined to look for info on these machines

I am yet to ride it but looking forward to, perhaps next month.

At the moment trying to figure out what tyres to run on it, it's currently sat on Dunlop Race slicks which i feel are too focused for myself so was looking at Metzeler trackday slicks for it as i have used them on my Ducati 1098 and really rate them but the Bike is currently sat on a 200 70 17 rear, the Metzeler only comes in a 200 55 17 rear so the setup will need to be altered and its throwing me off a bit.

The suspension has been set up for the last owner by Micheal Dunlop, Forks dropped through the yokes a bit and i know it is handling phenomenally as it currently stands. Throwing on a 190 or 200 55 i will have to alter the rear ride height, i don't want to mess up an already good setup.

Time will tell .

Wes

https://i.postimg.cc/CKfCczCL/d3cf486f-4d67-4e1c-8596-4474bfa3597b.jpg

Welcome.
If the eccentric washer in the back is set to the low position you can flip it over to increase ride height (for the smaller tyre)

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Welcome.
If the eccentric washer in the back is set to the low position you can flip it over to increase ride height (for the smaller tyre)

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

amzing , thank you for the info

ill be back with the bike tomorrow i'll get to have a look at it and that. thank you Alex

Latest posts

Back