Quick shifter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApUhtred

Reaction score
Morning,
This is the first bike I have had with quick shift and loved it as soon as I got on. Rode a test bike at dealers and then my own bike home from previous owner. used quick shifter going up and down the gears. When I started reading the owners manual it seems to say just use going up. Is this correct and why? Seemed to work OK on both bikes.

Regards Steve

Not to sure how you're managing downshifts, the QS only works on upshifts ! The QS on the new 2015 s1rr works both up and down.

the quickshifter on the bm or shift assist is a pull type and will only work when changing up through box, when you change up the shift rod is pulled and a switch his made or broken killing the ignition spark momentarily unloading the gear box and allowing you to engage gear, the standard kit will not allow for down shifts, take it this is all low speed riding though?? can't see how you were changing down smoothly as you would need to blip throttle to match engine speed and revs etc and that would involve using clutch!! I'm no expert but I'd say there is potential for a accident or self distruction of the gear box riding that way

As stated above, qs only works on upshifts, however, downshifts will work as you roll off the gas (BUT has nothing to do with qs and will eventually mash the box)

Latest posts

Back