Thinking of buying a 2023

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ukbmw

Reaction score
Ive recently test rode a 2023 s1000rr sport.
I much prefer it to last years model.
The geometry changes have made the bike give more feel and feedback from the front end.
Also the electronics seem really good and a step up from the older version.
The engine seems slightly smoother and less vibrations compared to the 2022 model.
My question is I want the full adjustability of the engine parameters but I dont really want the ddc suspension.
I want the manual suspension version in black because I will change out the springs etc.. to my weight.
Anyone know if this is achievable or can offer me any advice please?

I?m fairly certain you can select everything that you want from the configurator now, you can have the ride mode pro without the DDC etc.

To get the non-DDC model you have to start with the non-Sport base model. Skip the 'packages'...and you'll see you can add back in the Cruise, Heated Grips and Riding Pro modes that usually come with the Sport.

Caveat, I do not know anyone that stocks springs for the K67 cartridges.

Alternatively, get the DDC model, fit a cartridge kit / shock / ddc delete and know that A) you have a DDC model to sell which will be more desirable and B) you can resell all the suspension later on *as long as you stick to premium brands*. Enjoy vastly superior suspension and get some money back when you're done.

Could you clarify your second paragraph please Alex. Are you saying if I wanted to put lighter weight springs in my Gen 4, with DDC, I couldn't, as it's not possible to buy them?

I?m reading it as it is, he doesn?t know anyone that stocks different springs for the K67 forks.

You will be able to have some made or purchase bespoke ones from various places.

Yeah i have no idea where to go for springs for Marzzochi forks/internals. If anyone does please share.

I have never seen them listed for sale.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

At present no one (K-Tech et al) offers springs for the K67. The options are to either stick with the DDC or swap out with a aftermarket cartridge kit and rear shock (+DDC delete module).

I'm pleased UKbmw started this thread. I was half heartedly looking to swap my Gen 4 for another one with a few less miles. The final decision was going to be on if I was able to get the suspension sorted for me riding predominantly on the road. I'd wrongly assumed I'd be able to get the correct weight springs for me. At the moment it's over sprung and too firm. I know it's built for track, but still. I'd managed to get it about perfect on my Gen 3 without replacing anything. Strange that the RR has probably been the biggest selling sports bike for the last 10 years plus and nobody is thinking there's a gap in the market. I guess even BMW don't do them.
Also, is the geometry on Gen 5 different to the Gen 4? I thought it was predominantly wings, electronics, and an increase in power that were the main differences? Curious as to why they ride differently?

I'm pleased UKbmw started this thread. I was half heartedly looking to swap my Gen 4 for another one with a few less miles. The final decision was going to be on if I was able to get the suspension sorted for me riding predominantly on the road. I'd wrongly assumed I'd be able to get the correct weight springs for me. At the moment it's over sprung and too firm. I know it's built for track, but still. I'd managed to get it about perfect on my Gen 3 without replacing anything. Strange that the RR has probably been the biggest selling sports bike for the last 10 years plus and nobody is thinking there's a gap in the market. I guess even BMW don't do them.
Also, is the geometry on Gen 5 different to the Gen 4? I thought it was predominantly wings, electronics, and an increase in power that were the main differences? Curious as to why they ride differently?
There are geometry changes. They were aimed at stability mid corner.

Mine steers nicely, with Forged Rims and Dunlop TT tyres. Rain mode is pretty good at soaking up the bumps.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Buy Ohlins forks and a shock. Or a V4S/RS4 Factory.

I've looked at both bikes, and while fantastic bits of kit, simply don't tick as many boxes for me as the RR does for how I use it. From memory the V4S does not have heated grips or cruise. Again, I know they are track bikes, but the RR has them. I guess I'm just spoilt!

I've looked at both bikes, and while fantastic bits of kit, simply don't tick as many boxes for me as the RR does for how I use it. From memory the V4S does not have heated grips or cruise. Again, I know they are track bikes, but the RR has them. I guess I'm just spoilt!

Heated grips and cruise are the main reasons I sold my 1299S, and bought a new Gen 4. BMW cut costs on the suspension though IMO.

Well the wait for a manual suspension bike was too long (late summer at best) so my options today was a brand new rr sport or a second hand 2022 rsv4 factory.
As the bmw was ?1000 less and brand new I went with that option.
Should be here within 2 weeks!

Congratulations on the new bike.
Going back to your original post, whats your plan for the suspension? I might end up in the same position.

Congratulations on the new bike.
Going back to your original post, whats your plan for the suspension? I might end up in the same position.
Well im gonna run it in on the ddc and see how I get on with it.
If im not happy im gonna change for the manual suspension.
I guess bmw can just switch off the ddc so no errors.
From what I can see the base model has the same suspension as the ?26k msport version.
Maybe thats why they are not keen on selling me the manual one!
Seen my bike today.
Its in the showroom but its still not ready.
Getting impatient now

I got my bike, 120 miles on it so far.
Suspension is rock hard when set in anything other than the lowest setting!

Latest posts

Back