Thinking of buying a 2023

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is roughly 120mm of fork travel. They usually bottom out with about 10mm or so of fork leg showing. You have plenty left.

Depends on how much you weigh and how hard you ride.
I ride fairly hard so brake quite strongly.
Plus im not 100% but even if your in rain mode isnt there an assist menu for the dds?
Think there is on my 23

Funny how we all approach it different, I try to use my brakes as little as possible on the road.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Funny how we all approach it different, I try to use my brakes as little as possible on the road.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk
The faster you go the more you need to brake.
You cant simply carry 50mph extra round a bend than everyone else so you got to scrub that speed off.
My dad barely brakes on the road, he just rides smooth and steady.
Im very different, but when I ride sensibly in rain mode there is no real issue with comfort or over travell unless i hit a hump in the road, but thats just due to my weight.
The issue i have is its a superbike, its not a tourer so if you want to push on you should be able to.
Ive ridden most litre bikes and 1100 v4s, none of them have this issue unless on track where some need a slight spring increase.
The bmw is just too soft.
But i get it, the different modes really make a noticable difference in suspension which is a great selling point.
Its just the damping thats doing all the work.
In the ideal world youd have the damping and spring rate increase together but this isnt really possible so they went for 85kg rider.

Depends on how much you weigh and how hard you ride.
I ride fairly hard so brake quite strongly.
Plus im not 100% but even if your in rain mode isnt there an assist menu for the dds?
Think there is on my 23

On my '19 the road modes are fixed for the DDC. You get what you've been given. You need to switch to the Pro Modes before you can make any changes to the damping.

There is roughly 120mm of fork travel. They usually bottom out with about 10mm or so of fork leg showing. You have plenty left.

Ha, it wasn't how much I had left that bothers me, it was more how little I'm using. I'm really not getting good value for money for the bottom half of the fork stanchion. An extra 20mm of travel in the real world would make a huge difference.
So in a perfect world, after each ride, I'd have 10mm of un swept fork leg.

Ha, it wasn't how much I had left that bothers me, it was more how little I'm using. I'm really not getting good value for money for the bottom half of the fork stanchion. An extra 20mm of travel in the real world would make a huge difference.
So in a perfect world, after each ride, I'd have 10mm of un swept fork leg.
At the end of the day what happens if you do an emergency stop or do a stoppie? If it travells to near the bottom of the stroke then its not far wrong.
If its only going half way then somethings not right.
If on the other hand you are using it for gentle touring then i wouldnt expect it to travell too far anyway

Latest posts

Back