Bike in Limp mode Shift lever sensor

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esperanza

Reaction score
I have an S1000rr Gen 1 2011, track bike. whilst on track (in Spain) and bike going fine i was leant over and as i opened the throttle for more power the bike went into limp mode, i got an error on the dash relating to the fall sensor, but that works fine (VDS). I also seem to have a shift lever sensor error code. once i got back to the garage some coolant spat out of the overflow tank?, not sure if related.
At the track i was unable to sort out the issues, i did mange to reset everything with the moto scan app. then went back on track and the bike went back into limp mode before the first turn then i had error saying no can bus information to other control units. manage to ride the bike again but had no quick shifter, so parked it up and used a spare bike.

Today home again cleared all error codes, ran the bike on paddock stands then checked for error codes, which show shift lever sensor 2784.

Any body else had similar problems or can provide a solution?.

had same issue (not related to shift sensor though), alwys happened on tight turns (well, usually).

check your battery terminals firdt job, make sure they are uber tight, always seemed be related tothat for me

I have now had chance to look at the bike in more detail.
I have narrowed the problem to 2 things, throttle position grip. with the ignition switched on but engine not running, when i twisted the throttle fully open the engine mgt light activated and cut the power putting it into limp mode, i cleared this by switching the ignition off and repeating the process, it seemed to clear the fault after repeating a number of times. i checked the issue and cleared fault code ( 4E23 throttle grip sensor) with the moto scan app. so no longer have this issue.
2 problem is showing shift lever sensor (fault code 2784)But can't seem to rectify this, each time i clear the fault code, when i fire up the engine the problem returns.

Latest posts

Back