Ordering plus euro 4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gash

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right place but hey...

So I went to sort a deal today on a new s1k but Ideally wouldn't want the bike until September (long story work etc.)

The salesman told me the system wouldn't let him order the rr past the 4th August due to bmw trying to make the bike ready for the incoming euro 4 regs with the new model (basically a carbon filter in it and possibly reduced power).
I was sceptical about what he was saying and am going to another dealer tommorow to clarify.

Does anyone know if he was scaremongering or are they actually changing the bike to meet the new regs etc. If so I'd rather order my bike now and have it before they mess around with the model.

Also on a side note he basically knocked a grand off the price of the bike does that sound like a decent enough discount or should I expect more?

Thanks

Last edited:
That is very interesting, we have been having debates on here about euro 4. The spec says Euro 4 ready but if what you have been told is true it makes for an interesting twist in the tale.

I would ring my dealer and ask the question but tbh they know less than me. Perhaps a call to BMW UK would be worthwhile?

I would ring my dealer and ask the question but tbh they know less than me. Perhaps a call to BMW UK would be worthwhile?

It's funny you should say that soof because the fella didn't even know what the bmw axle protectors were?!

Like you say I don't really trust what one dealer is telling me but he was adament that "because of the carbon filter servicing costs may go up etc. Also bmw might have to reduce the power to be euro 4 compliant..."
His words by the way.

Whats your opinion on the level of discount I'm being offered?

Cheers

The RR wasn't listed in the updates for Euro4 on the recent press release. Why would they miss it off, to announce it later??

- Sent from Mobile

I honestly don't know about discounts, my last purchase was a GSA in 2015 and I did get a lump knocked off it. Sure others can comment further on discounts.

Depends on how you want to deal. If you are only interested in the lowest price then try AlanJeffries and speak to Simon the sales manager. If you tell him you are from this forum they have promised me they will do their best for forum members by offering the best deal they can. Worth a call? I'd only deal with Simon, one of the other guys has tried to lift my leg twice. The forum nor I get anything out of it if you do buy from AJ btw.

Various people on here have been recommending Bowkers in Preston for great deals on new bikes, would be worth calling them too

The RR wasn't listed in the updates for Euro4 on the recent press release. Why would they miss it off, to announce it later??

- Sent from Mobile

Like I say I wouldn't believe everything we're told from dealers.

I've literally had a phonecall from the guy half hour ago and he said he has had it confirmed from bmw that rr is no longer in production until they alter whatever it is for euro4. I find it a bit sus to be honest but I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough.

Oh and thanks for the heads up on other places I'll have a ring round tommorow. Only problem being I have a part ex and driving all over the country just to show them the condition of it etc is not my cup of tea.

Hopefully I'll be the proud owner of an RR by the end of the month !

If out of production that would suggest re-tooling for a facelift. They do tend to refresh things bi-annually.

- Sent from Mobile

Oh and thanks for the heads up on other places I'll have a ring round tommorow. Only problem being I have a part ex and driving all over the country just to show them the condition of it etc is not my cup of tea.

Hopefully I'll be the proud owner of an RR by the end of the month !

Why not stick your bike on ebay, you could shift it in a week or so, get a better price than p/ex and be in a much stronger position to bargain on the S1K, I've done this several times..

Yeah that's an option but my part ex is still on finance.

Anyway on a sidenote what tyres come standard with the new s1k. I was under the impression you got supercorsas but the 3 new bikes that he had in the showroom that were sold all jad bridgestone battlax's on them.

Supercorsa standard for Hp wheel upgrade . Metzler k3 or Bridgestone s20 on standard rims

Well that's it people. Took the plunge and ordered today so I'm in the club

Should be here for last week of July. Now got the horrible wait.

- S1KRR Sport
- Motorsport Paint
- Performance Pack

Nice one Gash, good choice. Painful bit is the wait and parting with the cash of course.

Which dealer did you go with in the end?

Well that's it people. Took the plunge and ordered today so I'm in the club

Should be here for last week of July. Now got the horrible wait.

- S1KRR Sport
- Motorsport Paint
- Performance Pack

Congrats. :)

Also got a premier membership for this place, last of the big spenders ha

Cheers Gash! Thank you for supporting the forum. Do take advantage of the forum vendor discounts when you come to getting the farkles. :)

Cheers lads.

Well to help with the wait I've spent the morning ordering all sorts of goodies for the new arrival...

- BMW HP Axle Protectors Front & Back
- R&G Aero Protectors
- EvoTech Tail Tidy (Had r&g tail tidys on my bikes in the past but decided on the evotech after hearing good feedback on them)
- EvoTech Radiator & Oil Guards
- Tank Pad
- R&G Cotton Reels
- Clear Stomp Grips (after seeing how asthetically pleasing they actually look on RyS1000's bike)

Thanks to conquest carbon for the evotech gear.

Is there anything else people would recommend? I would like the HP levers and rearsets but they will have to wait for funds unfortunatly :blue:

Also will my dealer fit the radiator guards etc. if I take them in either at PDI or first service?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back