Full Refund For Tyco Rep

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've waited all week for a call from Customer Services regarding some finances still owing, plus salesman to send email or even phone with price with the spec we agreed on for a 2017 etc ! I've heard nothing from either so after nearly a month of shite from Ocean BMW I'm done !!

Ducati 1299 S Panigale will be ordered tomorrow, erm...today lol !! After some research with Dealer yesterday about servicing costs that are on par with BMW, plus the fact Ducati finance is ?30 per month cheaper with both bike costing the same, and ?295 with ?650 excess, compared to insure ?485 with ?2000 excess !!

Well I've waited all week for a call from Customer Services regarding some finances still owing, plus salesman to send email or even phone with price with the spec we agreed on for a 2017 etc ! I've heard nothing from either so after nearly a month of shite from Ocean BMW I'm done !!

Ducati 1299 S Panigale will be ordered tomorrow, erm...today lol !! After some research with Dealer yesterday about servicing costs that are on par with BMW, plus the fact Ducati finance is ?30 per month cheaper with both bike costing the same, and ?295 with ?650 excess, compared to insure ?485 with ?2000 excess !!

Hardly surprising you're going down this road. S1000rr is a brilliant bike but the dealers need to take a long hard look at the way they treat people. How can you sell a premium product and have various after sales that we've all read about on here ? Good luck with the new bike , you will love it when the season starts in about 6 months!

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience, I don't blame you for changing, 1299s a fantastic bit of kit, I hope it works out for you

Let us know how you get on with the new bike, it looks awesome.
Pity it's taken this route to change.

do you know if they have a new 16 plate in motorsport colours with the forged wheels?

r25sti I will have a look today. Need oil filters for 15 R1200R and the gen 3 s1k.
Will report back early afternoon 👍

To the thread OP:
Not sure how you've found cheaper insurance on the 1299S? All my quotes were ?1,500 above s1krr's (24, 6y no claims)
It's an amazing bike you'll love it! Must be good to base the next SuperLeggera on too 👌

Hi Brom. Very sorry to read about the problems you have had with the dealer in question. It's never a good idea to pass judgement based on a forum thread, but clearly you appear to have been let down in terms of customer service and etiquette to such an extent that BMW have lost a customer. I run my own business (like many on here) and the fundamentals are always the same, customer retention should always be a priority, someone has dropped the ball. Thanks for sharing your troubles. I hope you have a better experience with Ducati.

r25sti I will have a look today. Need oil filters for 15 R1200R and the gen 3 s1k.
Will report back early afternoon

cheers. i rang them today and the motorsport they have is a none sport without forged wheels and the tyco is ?21000 which sounds about ?3000 too much imo.

Agree with Soof here, I've been reading through this as it appeared and I think your quite right to draw the line under it.

Just had a meeting with one of the Directorsof Ocean Bmw,he was honest an straightforward, admitted that there were some mistakes made by them on how they handled the situation, but the right outcome was to give me a full refund, and not say we don't not want your buisness at all. I left there with the decision that Ocean Motorrad will not have my buisness again. I'm out of pocket around ?1200, 4 payments of finance, which will be taken further, cancellation of insurance lost about ?300 and with the accessories bought and Tyco stuff...

And to top the fact I never managed to ring Ducati to order the 1299s :mad:

Will report back early afternoon 👍

To the thread OP:
Not sure how you've found cheaper insurance on the 1299S? All my quotes were ?1,500 above s1krr's (24, 6y no claims)
It's an amazing bike you'll love it! Must be good to base the next SuperLeggera on too 👌

Westy I'm 50 with 15+ years ncb, quote was with mce.

I can get cover for S1000rr for less than ?150 albeit with Skimpy.

Will report back early afternoon ��

cheers. i rang them today and the motorsport they have is a none sport without forged wheels and the tyco is ?21000 which sounds about ?3000 too much imo.

Ha ha about an hour after I had been in!
Motorsports is no DDC and no forged wheels
Tyco looks nice fully hp'd out though, does include the OEM Akra can and some tasties but the colour scheme is just stickers which can be done elsewhere for a lot less.

Brom glad you have competitive quotes. After 6 years with MCE I am avoiding after the termination hassle I had in September though!

Shame you are out by the finance payments. Do you know what will be done with the bike by the dealer? Hope it's not bargained off in a bad state to an unlucky fellow.

Last edited:
Ha ha about an hour after I had been in!
Motorsports is no DDC and no forged wheels
Tyco looks nice fully hp'd out though, does include the OEM Akra can and some tasties but the colour scheme is just stickers which can be done elsewhere for a lot less.

Brom glad you have competitive quotes. After 6 years with MCE I am avoiding after the termination hassle I had in September though!

Shame you are out by the finance payments. Do you know what will be done with the bike by the dealer? Hope it's not bargained off in a bad state to an unlucky fellow.

My "old" lol Tyco reg WF 16 WRR has already been sold for the asking price off ?20,495 with 1200 miles !!

Which was ?500 more than I paid !!!!! To some poor fcuker in Plymouth

Picking up a ZZR1400 performance sport in the morning, hopefully will have the Ducati within weeks, quoted ?602 for both bike with 6000 mile per year on each.

Agreed the Tyco is too much ?20k is top price is my opinion, mine had 8 ball airbrushed paint, did look awesome tbh when I collected,.

Quietly gutted it has gone, could've had a 2017 model in March, but bought the Tyco for my 50th somehow a standard paint bike although every bit as awesome just didn't appeal.

My "old" lol Tyco reg WF 16 WRR has already been sold for the asking price off ?20,495 with 1200 miles !!

Which was ?500 more than I paid !!!!! To some poor fcuker in Plymouth

Sorry if I've missed something but I thought you posted that it went to the dealer with 600 miles on it for the first service and when you got it delivered back all the problems were found so it went straight back? How has it now got 1200 miles on it?

If the problems with the bike are visual no one in their right mind would spend ?20k on it? I don't see how a bike in the condition described would get through the BMW approved used system, the criteria is stringent, anything that falls short gets sold off to third party dealers. Interesting.....

Agreed the Tyco is too much ?20k is top price is my opinion, mine had 8 ball airbrushed paint, did look awesome tbh when I collected,.

Quietly gutted it has gone, could've had a 2017 model in March, but bought the Tyco for my 50th somehow a standard paint bike although every bit as awesome just didn't appeal.

I can see how going from a fully customised option listed S1krr in a bright colour scheme to a standard production colour would seem a little dull!
Unless you fancy buying another Tyco and I will swap my red 16 for it? ;)

Shame I have seen the hatred on this thread for the MotoGP Safety Bike I think it looks the business!

ZZR Performance is a nice touch, are you doing mileage that benefits from that over a sports bike? It might even make you re-think the Ducati!

Sorry if I've missed something but I thought you posted that it went to the dealer with 600 miles on it for the first service and when you got it delivered back all the problems were found so it went straight back? How has it now got 1200 miles on it?

If the problems with the bike are visual no one in their right mind would spend ?20k on it? I don't see how a bike in the condition described would get through the BMW approved used system, the criteria is stringent, anything that falls short gets sold off to third party dealers. Interesting.....

Marks were noticed after 1st service I used the bike for the next 600 until a date was set for warranty work to be done with there approval so hence the other miles,, all they did was try to clean it I rejected then they had it back, which is when they refunded money without doing any of the warranty that I was told was going to be done.. Someone has bought a tyco that I rejected although BMW said it was fine. If it was fine then why give me my refund with out any kind of legal battle for me to keep it, I kept paying the finance too even a payment went out on the day I signed it over!

I can see how going from a fully customised option listed S1krr in a bright colour scheme to a standard production colour would seem a little dull!
Unless you fancy buying another Tyco and I will swap my red 16 for it? ;)

Shame I have seen the hatred on this thread for the MotoGP Safety Bike I think it looks the business!

ZZR Performance is a nice touch, are you doing mileage that benefits from that over a sports bike? It might even make you re-think the Ducati!

Hatred is the wrong word. I wouldn't have motorsports either...although amusingly the M/S for 2017 might be one I like and everyone else rejects!

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back