Full Refund For Tyco Rep

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brom66

Reaction score
My purchase of my Tyco

http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?7966-Tyco-Replica&highlight=Tyco

As of last Tuesday Ocean BMW have refunded me the full amount paid, due to a hashed 1st service which left the bike with rub marks on the fairings, scratched swinging arm, stains/streaks on wheels, engine covers, exhaust etc !
Bike was delivered to Falmouth branch in pristine condition if there is such a thing for a 600 miles transported with several other bikes to Plymouth branch for 1st service, on collection from Falmouth I complained on how dirty the bike was, a new salesman got out his magic polish and started to clean, politely told to stop !

When home started to clean but noticed some of the above, pissed off so thought best leave alone and get in touch with dealer, took some photos as well, retuned to dealer where other marks were found. Salesman drew up a list of faults and said we'll get them done under warranty, and he said a claim of ?14000 has been put aside for the work plus 40 hours labour, and found out the bike was washed with neat acidic wheel cleaner. Virtually new everything wheels, brakes, caliper, seals, pads, covers, swinging arm, suspension, and the paintwork was ok but for the 2 side panels which were being sent to be re-sprayed and found a run in the paint that was also going to be addressed.!! We agreed they have the bike for 2 weeks while I was on holiday. Although I was already thinking about rejecting the bike no matter what they did. But they have to try to put right there mistake.

On return from holiday has a call saying bike was all done, "NOT", all they tried to do was clean it, paintwork was not done no new parts replaced, not F--king happy. Kept my cool with the salesman, who said I needed to speak to Plymouth Manager. He basically said bike is in a acceptable condition to him and there is nothing else that will be done. Told the salesman not accepting the bike, he need to sort this with his Boss, I'm going to speak with Motorrad UK. Hour later he rings me an say bike is being collected in the morning. Said I've spoken to Motorrad and there involved.

Following day the Manager rings me, and quotes as a good will gesture we will give you a "full refund" So I reply you are accepting you are admitting liability, He replied no the bike was not washed with wheel cleaner but road traffic film so don't know where that came from, I replied I know several people in the Ocean group who have told me otherwise. So either they're liars or you are !! ...So I ask where do we go from here can I have the other Tyco you have in stock ! Was told "no because he doesn't think the bike is up to to my standard and falls short of factory finish of which I don't understand !!!! I then asked can I order a factory finish 2017 model, he replied no I'm sorry but you are too "fussy" for a BMW owner and we do not want your custom !!!!

I signed the paperwork for me to have my funds back, I've also spoken several times to my local branch Salesman who cannot sell me a bike, spoken to Motorrad UK several times, but it looks like they don't have the power to force them to sell to me, franchise can refuse any customer as they see fit. Spoke to dealership director who was sympathetic, who has got the dealership customer service involved, who has said she will try to resolve the issue, and will be touch !

That was the last 2 to 3 weeks ....

Friday afternoon, I got the call with an apology from the Ocean group saying the service and behaviour I've received by the Ocean Group is totally unacceptable and we hope we haven't lost your custom from any future purchase, if you wish to do so in the future whether its Bikes or Cars.

Was told yesterday the Tyco was going back to BMW.

Then I was looking on the website and found this and ?500 more than I paid for it !!!!

http://www.bmwapprovedusedbikes.co...._,00.html?currentCh=_V0IxMEQxMDAwRlozMzQzMzI=

Unbelievable. Absolute f**k up. Great bikes but aftersales just seem to be very lax.

Last edited:
What kind of half turns work for them, that are stupid enough to use acidic wheel cleaner on any part of a bike, or car for that matter, never mind to wash the hole bike!

Good that they gave full refund though, I wouldn't be wanting to give them my money again! I'd be trying other dealers to get a Motogp safety bike rep!

Wow...too fussy...we don't want your custom......personally I wouldn't get tired slapping a wxxker like that mate... bet his bosses would JUST love to hear that as would any low brow paper...

If I were you I would consider making him regret his words !.

Not good at all, terrible attitude and service.
Moto GP Rep would be a good shout and maybe a few freebies thrown in to keep your custom?
Every cloud....

The Bmw Dealership network seems to be awfully extreme on the service spectrum - either completely ignorant and disgraceful in their manner. Or absolutely impeccable with the classic, " the customer is always right" motto.

Hope you find the right bike and dealer Brom!

I have a meeting with one of the Directors either Friday or early next week to discuss, he will be checking the background before we meet. Apology I have, but happy I'm not !!

What is this Moto GP Safety Rep ?

Wow...too fussy...we don't want your custom......personally I wouldn't get tired slapping a wxxker like that mate... bet his bosses would JUST love to hear that as would any low brow paper...

If I were you I would consider making him regret his words !.

Hopefully he will get his just reward !!

its just a sport with GP safety bike paint. only 8 being done. imo nothing special and costs ?1000 more than a motorsport. not even got forged wheels. i rang about one last saturday but without the wheels no point.imo

Last edited:
its just a sport with GP safety bike paint. only 8 being done. imo nothing special and costs ?1000 more than a motorsport. not even got forged wheels. i rang about one last saturday but without the wheels no point.imo

Will be looking at the new 2017 at bike show, if too similar will got for the RSV4RF !

Good for you for posting this and sharing your experiences. The dealers need to appreciate that as customers we have a choice on where we go and we will spread the word about the good and bad. What I love about this forum is that it is not all bitchin and moaning. If you have had a shocking experience with poor customer service then they need understand many of us will choose to ignore that dealership. However also many have also posted about great service and I hope those dealerships will gain from this publicity.

If only 8 being made then it will certainly keep its value or more likely go up.

If only 8 being made then it will certainly keep its value or more likely go up.

but with no other trick bits anyone could make there's the same or better with a dream machine paint job. oh unless its got a plaque.lol

I commute past Bowker every day mostly on the s1k and I've seen their 16 motorsports in the corner but gosh I might have to pop in and have a nosey at the other colours!

I commute past Bowker every day mostly on the s1k and I've seen their 16 motorsports in the corner but gosh I might have to pop in and have a nosey at the other colours!

do you know if they have a new 16 plate in motorsport colours with the forged wheels?

Latest posts

Back