My 2015 S1000RR observations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half way up the side stand there is a flat bit for the heel of your boot to make putting the side stand down easy as fook even with the hp rear sets

anyone else think the clutchless upshift feels slower than the older model?
im sure the 2015 seems to hesitate between gears.

Agree, bmw don't seem to be able to make a good 'box compared with the japs. Having said that, I find the downshift is faultless...

Yeah but if you have the old BMW sport boots all you have is a slippy metal heel plate which slides off said flat bit!

Hard to tell as limiter is still on and there is more mid range power - not noticed it particularly.

When in slick mode, I've noticed that an option appears for adapting the DTC with a range preset values between -7 and +7. Has anyone had a play with the settings and can comment on the different effects? Also, if the DTC is on +7 does this still mean that anti-wheelie is completely turned off?​

My bikes done 1000m now and been serviced, I've gotta say the gearbox is just brilliant, personally I can't tell any difference on up changes v the '13RR I had, the harder you rev/ faster you go the better it gets. The more I ride my '15 bike the more I appreciate how much better it is than the previous model (and I loved that), its a real grower, so pleased I took the plunge and got one.

I must agree I have done nearly 2000 miles now and the shifts seem smoother��

Well just hit 2000 miles and the bikes just getting better every time I go out.
gearbox is much better now ( not as tight to chage gear )
the indicator switch is still a pain to use tho.
The metzeler k3 rear is fooked ! Going the TT so got some all weather tyres, michelin pilot road 4's very cheap from a company called tyre leader ( some cheap tyres on their website).
Removing the baffle from the exhaust was a revelation, sounds so much better and the pops n bangs are so much louder, glad I never spent ?785 on an akra,even tho the standard can is a bit ugly.
Theres soooo much power I'm amazed I've still got a licience !! Will be doing some track days on it in the summer that's for sure.
Paint on the tank is a bit thin and scratches easy ( but that's mostly down to my Buddha like belly !! ) .
Suspenion is still amazing, light years better than the Blade.
So in short still the best bike I've owned , still impressing me and worth every penny.

Well just hit 2000 miles and the bikes just getting better every time I go out.
gearbox is much better now ( not as tight to chage gear )
the indicator switch is still a pain to use tho.
The metzeler k3 rear is fooked ! Going the TT so got some all weather tyres, michelin pilot road 4's very cheap from a company called tyre leader ( some cheap tyres on their website).
Removing the baffle from the exhaust was a revelation, sounds so much better and the pops n bangs are so much louder, glad I never spent ?785 on an akra,even tho the standard can is a bit ugly.
Theres soooo much power I'm amazed I've still got a licience !! Will be doing some track days on it in the summer that's for sure.
Paint on the tank is a bit thin and scratches easy ( but that's mostly down to my Buddha like belly !! ) .
Suspenion is still amazing, light years better than the Blade.
So in short still the best bike I've owned , still impressing me and worth every penny.
Great review and mostly all positive apart from the paint. Mines is Still at the garage and venture shield fitted so hopefully I'll have no issues with thin paint on the tank. I'll get mine 15th ish and can't wait now.

I've just discovered that trying to get that white shit off they put on the chain from the shop,have to say though the forged wheels are a big improvement over standard and the tyre is 200.If you come across anything that cleans them better please post.

long story but I have the akra can on it I didn't pay for it the dealer did the carbon hanger cost ?250 alone again dealer paid it.It looks a big lump to be honest but sounds great I personally like the standard can to look at and it too sounds good.

Ok I took my 2015 rr in for its first service picked it up and started back home 10 minutes later coming along a duel carriageway leaning into a sweeping bend around 90mph and the back wheel loses grip and spins me sideways traction control flashing like mad it then grips and chucks me the other way all the time im thinking what the fuck is going on here and expecting to be rolling down the road at any minute.The bike settled after some head shaking and soiled underwear,looked in the mirror and saw blue smoke so stuck hazards on and got off the carriageway as soon as I could and parked up.As soon as I looked at the rear tyre all became clear there was around 4 litres of oil all over it.The dipstick that done the service forgot to tighten the sump plug up which is now lying on a road somewhere.So you can imagine the conversation with the dealer and the end result was another new bike plus ?2500 of extras chucked in {forged wheels and akra can }plus this bike has the full sports pack on which is another ?500.Have to say its not the way I wanted to test the traction control out but it saved me some pain.

As soon as I looked at the rear tyre all became clear there was around 4 litres of oil all over it.The dipstick that done the service forgot to tighten the sump plug up which is now lying on a road somewhere.

Same happened to a guy I know couple of years ago after a BMW service.

Ok I took my 2015 rr in for its first service picked it up and started back home 10 minutes later coming along a duel carriageway leaning into a sweeping bend around 90mph and the back wheel loses grip and spins me sideways traction control flashing like mad it then grips and chucks me the other way all the time im thinking what the fuck is going on here and expecting to be rolling down the road at any minute.The bike settled after some head shaking and soiled underwear,looked in the mirror and saw blue smoke so stuck hazards on and got off the carriageway as soon as I could and parked up.As soon as I looked at the rear tyre all became clear there was around 4 litres of oil all over it.The dipstick that done the service forgot to tighten the sump plug up which is now lying on a road somewhere.So you can imagine the conversation with the dealer and the end result was another new bike plus ?2500 of extras chucked in {forged wheels and akra can }plus this bike has the full sports pack on which is another ?500.Have to say its not the way I wanted to test the traction control out but it saved me some pain.

I think i remember reading a post on the Fireblade forum about this?
You were lucky to get away with it.
I asked as I wondered if you had problems with your bike as I have, but obviously yours was far more serious than my faults.
I think I'll still be asking them for a few extras as it's going to be a real PITA to get my bike changed over, I never really gave it much thought but my insurance and GAP insurance will need to be changed which will incur costs.
I feel they should be picking the costs up and throwing some HP parts my way, I'll discuss this with them during the week.

Apparently so, I'm expecting a call tomorrow. I've had a week to think about it and I'm far from happy with the product sold to me.

Think if it was me Loupe I'd be telling them refund everything I'd paid and move on.

Back