My 2015 S1000RR observations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine back yesterday from it's first service. Went out this morning for a blast down the A3- Holy moly it's a great bike to ride below 9K, above it's more than I'm ever going to need. I've ridden Gixxer thousands and they're fabulous torquey motors, but I could feel the S1000RR trying to wheelie in third fourth and fifth. The pickup above 10K is fabulous. Addictive.

Also got the lean-o-meter up to 48 degrees round the local roundabout. Still have a slight chicken strip on the right though, and a bigger one on the left.

Does yours change to a howl at 12k?

Well my voice certainly does. Spent Saturday morning trying to find somewhere to give it a handful.

Here's someone who sounds exactly like me riding a bike exactly like mine, I have no idea who....
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4RxgsREzNKPRUhCZS13blJXOWM/edit?usp=docslist_api

I keep shifting up at 12K, my brain just can't cope with there being another 2000rpm to go. The cam's wide angle really doesn't capture the speed or ferocity!

Yep, only managed 12.5k on mine tonight and couldn't see how I could give it any more. :livid: Will set my gear shift light higher as I'll not be looking at the revs if I can get a bit more out of it!

Regarding the first service, has anyone checked the oil level? Mine's above the top of the window with the bike on front and rear stands. Not a huge issue to resolve (two secs with my syphon kit) but I'd be interested to know if it's a deliberate thing.

I didn't check the Level but I did make a mental note to tighten the oil cap as when I bought it the engine oil had come out and was over the engine,swinging arm and hugger. When I stopped after my run yesterday it was slightly on the engine again?! I tightened as much as I could and I think I'll have problems trying to loosen it again!
Just a heads up for anyone as it could have been nasty if the oil had reached the tyre.

I didn't check the Level but I did make a mental note to tighten the oil cap as when I bought it the engine oil had come out and was over the engine,swinging arm and hugger. When I stopped after my run yesterday it was slightly on the engine again?! I tightened as much as I could and I think I'll have problems trying to loosen it again!
Just a heads up for anyone as it could have been nasty if the oil had reached the tyre.

This happened on my '10, turns out cap sealing ring had seen better days. Yrs missing by chance? Mine feels really good , i just nip it up.

This happened on my '10, turns out cap sealing ring had seen better days. Yrs missing by chance? Mine feels really good , i just nip it up.
I checked it was there as I thought that first too. Seal is ok, just need Geoff Capes to loosen and tighten for me.

Just been out for another blast tonight and went out with a pal who has a GSXR 750 K7. We swapped bikes on the way back and I couldn't get over how heavy it felt to turn into corners.
Bike felt really bogged down compared to the RR, it's the first time I've ridden one and I know they are good bikes but it was a joy to get back on the BM and flick it about easily again.
I softened the rear compression to -2 and already had the front set at +2 and what a difference it made, was skitting about at the rear before but now feels more planted. I'll leave it at that to see how I get on. (Im 12 stone if anyone wants to try at that weight)
The front tyre is almost at the blocks on the outside, the bike has now done 1150 miles so looking like I'll be spending a bit replacing them fairly often.
I also moved the gear shift light to 13k as there was no way I was looking down to see the revs at those speeds, it lit up 3 times in what felt like warp speed, and couldn't believe there was more to go!
I'm a Very happy boy.

Hi, Has anyone had issues with weeping front Forks??

And Hi by the way New to the Forum and I must say what a great Forum.

Bike is amazing and is booked in for first service tomorrow! Cant wait :)

Before the S1000RR had GSXR 1000 L4 and four GSXR1000 previuos to that!!!

Last edited:
Hi, Has anyone had issues with weeping front Forks??

And Hi by the way New to the Forum and I must say what a great Forum.

Bike is amazing and is booked in for first service tomorrow! Cant wait :)

Before the S1000RR had GSXR 1000 L4 and four GSXR1000 previuos to that!!!

Hi there, yep mine is in for first service tomorrow and rearsets to be fitted. i've booked the day off work for this and fortunately the good weather will just about hold up and I can't believe how excited I'am, like a bloody kid. Forks are ok but I believe there are others with issues, just glad mine is holding up for now.

Hi, Yeah I cant wait too.... It might be me being paranoid but there was a small amount of residue on the fork yesterday??

I had a fork seal let go before on Gixxer and it was a pool on the floor, So nothing that bad but just dont expect it on a new bike?

I will get them to check tomorrow?

Mine was leaving a small amount of oil residue on the fork leg but stopped after a while - they probably use a bit of fork oil on the seals in the assembly process.

Hi there, yep mine is in for first service tomorrow and rearsets to be fitted. i've booked the day off work for this and fortunately the good weather will just about hold up and I can't believe how excited I'am, like a bloody kid. Forks are ok but I believe there are others with issues, just glad mine is holding up for now.

Best have 3 weetabix for breakfast so you can hang on when it reaches the upper RPM
Have fun!

Latest posts

Back