Mr DIY strikes again

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrived at Knockhill, did 5 laps and the front end went in a carbon copy of what happened last time i slid.
Funnily enough( if you can call it that!) the wheel/ tyre that I changed back onto the bike for my track day was the same one I slid with last time.
Thankfully the peg survived although a bit bent but it's back on and I'm back on track again :loyal:
That's both sides Christened and I'm cheesed off I never removed the Austin Racing end can.
Lunch time then back out this afternoon, I can't praise crash protection enough.

Arrived at Knockhill, did 5 laps and the front end went in a carbon copy of what happened last time i slid.
Funnily enough( if you can call it that!) the wheel/ tyre that I changed back onto the bike for my track day was the same one I slid with last time.
Thankfully the peg survived although a bit bent but it's back on and I'm back on track again :loyal:
That's both sides Christened and I'm cheesed off I never removed the Austin Racing end can.
Lunch time then back out this afternoon, I can't praise crash protection enough.

Christ on a bike - hope you're ok.
Have you got any footage?
Where in the turn were you when it went. Pre or Post apex? Throttle on (at all)? Brakes on? Coasting? Lean angle roughly?

I know! Exactly the same as last time, braking done turned in and just at the apex as I started to roll it on.
I even said the same as last time when I felt it lose traction. (FFS!)
Delighted peg is on and I'm back out again.
No footage as I was leaving that until I'd warmed up :confusion:

Really sorry to hear you crashed Loupe, but am glad you're alright!
Sounds like the bike got off quite lightly if you're back out again?

Hope the rest of your day goes alright and the bike stays rubber side down

Thanks Oli, yep bike is scuffed and scraped and the arse is out my leathers but there's a second layer! Back out after lunch. Not quite sure I believe the quote "if you're not crashing you're not trying" lol.

Crash

You did exactly the right thing and just got back on the bike as soon as possible. There is a certain inevitably about crashing on track and it happens to us all eventually.

Without being there/knowing much about the situation.
I'd recommend reviewing if you had stood the bike up enough and hung far enough off it at the point of adding throttle - you shouldn't lose the front, on the power.

That's not good, but you've done exactly the right thing getting on again. 5 laps in your tyre should have been warm enough (assuming its not sub zero up there today?!), were you carrying too much lean while off the throttle?

That's not good, but you've done exactly the right thing getting on again. 5 laps in your tyre should have been warm enough (assuming its not sub zero up there today?!), were you carrying too much lean while off the throttle?
Not a cloud in the sky and tyre warmers on, not too much lean at all as I was just going through the motions to gradually build it up. So glad the guys managed to repair the damaged and bent peg so I could get back out again.

+1 the tyre is cursed and needs to go!
Absolutely! I had reservations puting it on but thought I was being over cautious....
It turned out to be a great day in the end and roll on the next one (with a new front tyre) :biggrin-new:

Absolutely! I had reservations puting it on but thought I was being over cautious....
It turned out to be a great day in the end and roll on the next one (with a new front tyre) :biggrin-new:

Really glad to hear you had a great afternoon! :D

Hopefully any remaining repairs are minimal and then it's just roll on the next track day as you say!

d29a3974ce6932fa998105d5afa7f4db.jpg

d3cfc6abaded6fd6a6fa0473c650d565.jpg

f58a0e4174a87d31f88a048f266da5aa.jpg

5d21734b3b577fc15f319cdfd70f7380.jpg
20ba5cd69d1275e8224b010f9538929d.jpg
8906e235009242ee9f6b99bca05cec88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really can't recommend the crash protection enough, my plastics are unmarked and my frame is fine. After I slid I just wanted to get back on track but just enjoyed it and took my time rather than risk sliding again.

+1 was just going to say what a remarkably good job your GB Racing covers and frame sliders did at protecting your bike

My Dainese suit did its job again with the second slide. That's it knackered but so glad I was wearing it. I won't wear anything else now.
Oh, and the sparks from the shoulders and my exhaust rivalled any firework show lol
9bd61fd4ed3fcbb971b7cd0a4eb99390.jpg
593c6c53b5cefeb249e2e67a172c69e9.jpg

Hi Simon, yes it is. It was booked up fairly quickly, did you try to get on?
Cool, you can give me some much needed pointers, hopefully see you there!
Hi Loupe. I couldn't make the trackday and couldn't pop up for a visit either. Weather has been superb today and I hope you had a great time on track. I've just booked up for August 23rs 6pm til 8pm.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back