Mr DIY strikes again

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
Ok, so all was going well and I loosed off the front axle screws to remove the wheel then remembered something about not removing them after I half turned the axle nut...
Its all back together now and the spindle looks to be sitting flush,

dac033cba9da40f5d5a98efac440491e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean the pinch bolts? If you tightened the LHS back to torque spec before carrying on you'll be fine.

Yes the four pinch bolts. The ABS sensor doesn't seem to be rubbing against the metal ring (or whatever its called!)
and it looks to be lined up ok.
Only flapping as I have track day on Monday:livid:

Pinch Bolts

Providing you torque to specification you will be fine.

Thanks guys, I've just re read my original message back and it doesn't make much sense!
Yes, I loosened off ALL the pinch bolts then turned the axle spindle a half turn before realising my mistake. I tightened the LHS pinch bolts to torque settings again then removed the wheel as per the manual.
Appreciate the comforting replies as I don't really want to go on track without the ABS system working as it should :dejection:

You only have a problem if you've removed the wheel and refitted but not lined the sensor ring up correctly. If you did as you say and rectified the error immediately before carrying on you'll be fine. Enjoy the TD!

Thanks Soof, Maybe overthinking it and I'll give it a test tomorrow for peace of mind.
Appreciate the replies.

Hi Simon, yes it is. It was booked up fairly quickly, did you try to get on?
Cool, you can give me some much needed pointers, hopefully see you there!

ABS on Track

Appreciate the comforting replies as I don't really want to go on track without the ABS system working as it should :dejection:

I always have the ABS turned off when on track as it does become a bit of a hindrance.

Hi Paul. I lossened all pinch bolts off in error and done same as you.. but nipped back up to spec and had no problems.. I also replaced the pinch bolts one at a time for SS Probolts.. you will have no problems.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Make sure you them pinch bolts are tight Loupe as the Mrs lost 2 and I lost one while away on our tour... not a clue how though. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys, just panicked a bit as it's something I've never removed before. I'll be stripping engines down this time next week!
I was surprised they weren't actually that tight with the correct torque setting.

Quick update, I took the bike out this afternoon as it's been raining since Friday....
Everything works as it should and all the ABS lights went off as normal.
I'm the man! :shadow:

Thanks to all who replied, once again an example of this great forum.
Bike has been stripped of the usual road kit and heading down at 5am tomorrow to get to Knockhill, you guys don't know how lucky you are with tracks on your doorstep.

Latest posts

Back