Reinstalling rear wheel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that too, but searched everywhere to understand why I would not need it anymore?
It also implies that I should still need it for the other side however right?
@MrSmooth we need you buddy!!!

Sorry for the delay guys, was admonished elsewhere on this forum for buying some pretty blue anodised brake reservoir lids.....

Just to reiterate, I have Lightech rear wheel adjusters (they are blue anodised aluminium too :tongue-new:) fitted on my Gen 3, when I fitted them I had the devil of a job putting the wheel back, especially with the original 2-3 mm thick washer on the Cush drive side.

When I took my bike in for a 12,000 mile service earlier this year at the main BMW dealer, Barnstormers in Alton, they presented me with that same washer from the Cush drive side and told me that as I had the Lightech chain adjusters fitted, I NO LONGER needed the same 2 or 3 mm thick washer which I had fitted between the frame and the Cush drive side of the wheel bearing. In fact, when I removed the rear wheel myself and refitted it 2 weeks ago, it was simpler without that washer and everything went back together inside 10 minutes which I now claim as a World Record as it took me 3 hours when I was trying to squeeze that same washer back in place before.

If memory serves me correctly, the Lightech rear wheel adjusters have a 'spacer flange' on their inside, adjacent to the Cush drive side wheel surface which the stock adjusters don't have, I am guessing and this is pure conjecture that this additional spacing on the Lightech rear wheel adjusters negates the need for that same washer?

Hoping this helps.

Steve

Last edited:
Ring them up, they are listed as different items on their web site for Gen 3 and Gen 4 but priced the same, the colours offered are different too.

Their number in the UK: 0203 603 0125

Latest posts

Back