Installing an APE cam chain tensioner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Hi guys, My APE cam chain tensioner has just arrived and I want to fit it, I used to own an R6 before this and a lot of people said do not do it if you don't know what your doing, But having looked online about how to do it for the s1k it doesnt seem as bad, Has anyone done this or had any experience? Is it ok for me to do ?

Thank you.

Installed it, Still making a noise...Tightend it till I felt a big of resistance then 1/4 turn off, Still noise.

I greased the adjusting thread before I fitted mine as there was very little feel when adjusting. Are u sure it wasn't a false feeling?

I don't know I've tried many different tightness'es and nothing solves the problem

If the cams aren't in the right position you will get a false tension reading. Cams will be under tension from the valve springs depending on where they have stopped, unloading the tensioner CAN let the cams move in certain cases giving a false impression when putting the new tensioner in. It has been known for them to have jumped a tooth or two hence why they SHOULD be locked in place timed to the crank.
If it's not this then you may have cam lobe wear which won't go away...

Latest posts

Back