opening the bars from stock position, Front track/road brake pads replacements

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vengeance

Reaction score
Hi all

Has anyone adjusted the stock bars from OEM position & opened them out i.e. widened the bars outs (-:

I am also curious about what replacement pads people have chosen from stock when wanting an upgrade for track use that is equally happy on road & do not want carbon pads ,

the use would be for track day & road use , I am not interested in going with dual carbon or full carbon pads , mainly interested in experience & feedback on dual sintered & what brands , best places online to buy (not cheapest but good service/advice if you want to call & speak with an knowledgeable person who understands people trying too improve their track riding from novice upwards through the ranks , steady progression.

finally , experience on race mode vs stock dynamic rider mode , Rider weight from stock on suspension vs suspension set up & sag , it seems that race stiffens up the front & rear but preload on the rear is rider weight adjustable,

suggestions on good suspension set up in Hertfordshire would be useful to know about.

cheers lads

i use sbs street pads, no problems for me on track days or street.
i've got gilles variobars on mine (gen1) mostly for comfort reasons, doesn't make noticable difference on the track but takes a bit of weight off the wrists if you aare doing distances

suggestions on good suspension set up in Hertfordshire would be useful to know about.

Start at the beginning, get a friend to help you measure the sag and reset the preload both front and rear to your weight to meet the sag distance recommendations.

Once you've done that, there are lots of threads on here and Dave Moss tuning advice on YouTube to advise you, then play with the settings until you find a setup you like for the roads you like to ride.

Like many people on this forum, I also invested in the Alpha Racing 2D Racing Sensor which just plugs into your wiring loom and adds front Rebound settings on the dashboard, gave me heaps more feel at the front end and I only ride roads not tracks. Fitted it myself in 1-2 hours, easy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back