It is with regret???..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadrunner

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
It?s as above that I?ve had to say goodbye to my beautiful mk3 S1000RR!
A lot has happened in the last 3/4 months that has made me re evaluate my biking life!

First, you may remember that I had a total knee replacement some 2 or 3 year?s ago. I shall come back to this shortly.

Now I?ll get started! I had my lovely Yamaha FZ1 N stolen from my lady friends house about 3 months ago. It bloody broke my heart!
I used that bike for touring all over This country and Europe.
I would ride it for jollies when I fancied a more sedate form of transport and use the BM for when I fancied a blast!

Anyway, retuning to my leg, I?ve been really struggling of late to be able to ride the BM due to not being able to sit comfortably as the knee just won?t bend enough to allow me to be able to brake
properly and to be able for me to ride the distances I wanted.

Now the insurance has paid out and I?ve had a rethink on my biking life.
I love sports bikes and I love touring, so rightly, or wrongly, I?ve purchased a new Yamaha MT10, it?s very comfortable and it doesn?t hurt my knee. So I hope I can resume my biking life with a little comfort thrown in.

As some of you know, I?m knocking on a bit now, having joined this great forum several years ago. I?m now almost 77 years old so perhaps I should ?take it easy?

Now I have a bit of a problem!
I have lots of 2015 Gen 3 BMW S1000RR parts for sale. In fact all the goodies I?ve fitted over the several years I?ve owned the bike, exhaust, footrests, carbon, Evotech parts and much more. It?s all in brand new condition and I would like to offer it to BMW owners on this site??problem is, I don?t know how to sell on here!

I have PayPal, which is what I need, I think.
If someone could advise me on how the PayPal thing works, then I can get these parts listed.
I might add, that I don?t do mobile banking as I struggle a bit with all this ?new fangled technology? Well I did say I was getting on a bit, didn?t I.

If anyone could enlighten me on selling on here, I would be very grateful.
I think I can list these parts together with photos but it?s the receiving of any money and how it arrives in my account that I?m not sure of. If anyone could explain, please keep it simple?..like I said, I?m knocking on a bit now.
Thank you.

Last edited:
To get to 77 with a Sportsbike was winning...I think I'll be after comfort well before that! I think I remember the FZ1 from Moffat. Sorry to hear it was nabbed.

To receive funds on paypal you just need to give the person your paypal email address. i.e. the one you associated with it.
They should NOT pay friends/family, instead to protect you both the buyer should pay the ~3% extra to use the paypal protection service.

I would get a list of parts, with prices together. Then take a photo of each item and put it in a folder on something like Box, dropbox, google drive etc. I'm sure you know someone technical enough to help with that. If you don't let me know...

Then put a post up in here; https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?88-S1000RR-Parts

As Alex said, 77 with an s1000rr, will be great story telling?

As for payments, they could also pay into your account directly saving on the fees (if you know or trust the buyer)

Would be keen on a few bits potentially. Will see what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howdy RR.. hope you can keep yer hand in on the forum tho, be a shame to lose a long standing member..

You can do the PayPal thing no bother, remember we got you round the "adding photos in to the forum" many years ago lol...

Some old faces here, Moffat 6 years ago....
75fc72cf5209263489f0a9c6a3d918c3.jpg
29b7ed36a5fe3bb7cad68237379cfef9.jpg
ebe8cafaaf79df01a5f79e18aed53282.jpg
b155ff8dfb9c87a33792e7b657df3a0b.jpg
729013d32c71e4dfca75fa4f624a7b94.jpg
7e1941fb206a751c28432a035bfa2924.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Jimmy chewing the fat with some old geezer at that petrol station, which reminds me...
69a175733769acb46053eddb8b09f9f2.jpg

Don?t know if I?ve done this correctly as I?ve not sent a picture for years now.
This is a test attempt before I try putting up my list of parts on the parts for sale section.
Hope it works

Don?t know what I did but I?m sure I?ll sus it out eventually.
I hate being my age! None of this is easy for me[emoji35]

I?ll get there, I?m sure. Just be patient and I?ll get my list up soon.

Just for interest the picture shows the RR in 2017 together with the FZ1 N that was stolen!

Ah! I seem to be getting somewhere at last.
That?s me with my trusty BMW.
Just so you have an idea of what will be for sale, just zoom in and whatever you see, and more, is for sale.
I just have to list it all with prices as soon as I can, that?s all.

Thanks for putting up with this old duffer, while I struggle through this [emoji849]

Oh dear, seems like I?ve forgotten how to send a picture. Guess I?ll have to try again!
Lol... shame your having to sell on, time waits for no man RR, we will all be in this position at some point...

BTW I'm totally forgetting there was a second Moffat thing wasn't there, the first one was 2016 that all these pics I posted, then 2020 which you were on, I never made that one.... actually be good if we could arrange another one in 2023..

Apologies for jumping in [emoji30]

Last edited:
Wow 77 credit to you sir!

Mt10 will be alot of fun though. Id love one for daily riding although im sure where i live it will be nicked before the weeks end.

Fire me a message on what Gen 3 parts you have. I've taken mine off road for winter and looking to make some changes!

Thanks Alex for pointing me in the right direction over this PayPal thing. What I?m going to do is to photograph everything and write a few words and add the price I?d like for them.
I will wait to see what response I may get and worry about how to sort payment later on.
I?m sure any buyer would advise on how it?s done.
Thanks again?

Hi Stuart. Thanks for your kind messages. I do remember you helping me with the photo thing and I appreciate your help. But, as you will have noticed, I struggled to put up my test pictures. You must have thought, ?he?s got the memory span of a fish?
But I got there in the end, you?ll notice!
About the Moffat trip, I didn?t actually go with Forum group but happened to be there with a group of friends, while on my FZ1.
I regret that I didn?t get to actually meet with you but I saw you pop into the chemists and I stayed outside waiting in vain to make your acquaintance.
You were some time in the chemists as I think you were trying to ?get something for the weekend? I think you were waiting for a male member of staff to serve you!
Anyway my party of friends were keen to get off on our run out. So I never got to meet you.
I?ve always regretted that as I felt we clicked somehow. Especially when you and Jimmy Mac were doing your double act. I felt the same about Jimmy too.
I won?t be going far from here Stuart and I?ll pop in when I can.
I shall be in Moffat again this year, early July, I think! This time I?ll be on my new mental machine, the MT10.
I?m still in my seventies but I do like powerful sporty bikes. It?s just my body says no!!!
You never know Stuart, I could bump into you in Moffat next year. Just one thing though??don?t go in the chemists!

Great picture! Lovely looking bike indeed. Sorry to hear about your other bike and many congrats on sticking with the sports bike for so long!! /QUOTE]

Thanks Pedro.
Yes it was a horrible experience having my Yamaha stolen.
Particularly as I was in my girlfriends house at the time, I heard a few small engines starting up, looked through the window and my bike wasn?t where I?d left it. Obviously I dashed out to find my bike facing out of her cul de sac, with a f#####g scumbag sat on it. There were 2 scooters, one each side with their riders feet on each side of my bike.
As Iran out the scooters started off pushing mine along as they went!
I Ran as fast as I could but with this bloody gammy leg of mine, I just couldn?t catch them.
Actually watching your pride and joy being stolen and not being able to do anything about it really sucks, I can tell you!

It?s not good getting old??

Wow 77 credit to you sir!

Mt10 will be alot of fun though. Id love one for daily riding although im sure where i live it will be nicked before the weeks end.

Fire me a message on what Gen 3 parts you have. I've taken mine off road for winter and looking to make some changes!

Hi shy231.
I got this bike to be able to do what I like to do best.
I like to do a bit of touring and, when I?m in the mood, chug around and be a good boy, I think the MT10 will do that ok.
But I also like to use the bike how it should be ridden?? shall we say, quickly.
I know it will do all that as well, so hopefully, I?ve got 2 bikes in one with a bit of comfort thrown in.
Only had it a week and it?s in for its 1st service this coming Friday. I don?t hang about ?..

Regarding the parts I have for sale, they will be posted in the Gen 3 Parts for sale section of this forum as soon as I can get it done.
Keep an eye out for them and I?m sure
You?ll find something for yours?..

Well I?ve spent almost all day putting up pictures etc in the for sale section of this forum. Why you might ask? To be honest I?ve no idea! I have managed to get them up eventually but please don?t ask me how, as every time I had to add a picture it wouldn?t let me. Every time I struggled with it and every time I had use different procedures. I?m stumped and worn out with it all.

Anyway I?m going to ask a favour of a moderator. In all my dealings with Tapatalk, I have managed to put my items in the 2 different sections. Could someone please help this old duffer out and somehow get them all together in the same place so that prospective
buyer?s don?t have to be a computer expert to view my items?
Please help if you can. Thank you in anticipation???

Latest posts

Back