My22 ecu

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Have they cracked the 2022 ECU yet?

Anyone who?s had a flash etc on a full exhaust system who have you used and was there much of a difference? Did you do s before and after with regards to AFR.

I?ve decided to go down the route of a full akra and want to know what routes people have chosen whether it?s a map or left alone as the wide band o2 sensors can cope with it, but I?m thinking at the mid range when on steady throttle or steady throttle to full throttle it might be initially lean. I?m of the thinking that even though it?ll be ok it makes sense to flash the ECU and get the most out of the system.

Has anyone used RS2e? Seems a faff having to send the ECU away and worry about courier costs etc, what about Phil Crowe and PHR? Anyone running Woolich?

Crowe, Curran, and Hickman are the 3 I would go to in the UK.

Ref RS2E. I have not done the shipping post brexit. But turaround was fast last time.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

From what I believe its only crowe performance who have the licence for the 22 model, pre 22 there are a few others. I took my 20 plate there the other week, mine only has an end can, 192 before the map and 201 after. He was doing a 22 after mine and had a few issues due to it being the first he had done, they cracked it though as they have a close relationship with alpha. Thats all from what he told me and the other lad with the 22.

My bike is now totally different machine, so so responsive in any gear at any rev, cant recommened him enough, he loaded maps onto mine a few times and they tried others and then finally settled on one with a few mods.

How much did the Crowe map set you back if you don't mind me asking?
Got a 22 but it's still got 3yrs of warranty... do you know if Crowe can flash discreetly or would it be obvious to BMW if it's been done?
Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I got a deal before Christmas with 20% off as it was his quiet time. Its usually 750 for the map I got which is the Woolwich one and his top one. Think rhe other map he does is about 600.

Warranty wise. All you need to tell them is not to do any software updates. Just use an excuse for it. Mine rides totally different now. Genuinely like a different bike. Mainly down to fueling I think when you look at the map graph

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

BMW can spot the changes...but that will only affect warranty calls on directly impacted systems. i.e. if you blow the engine cause of a bad tune they will tell you to jog on. But factory recalls/suspension faults etc wouldn't be impacted.

My bike is in for a service and MOT in march, ill be telling them not to do any updates at all and if they do then they can pay for the map to be put back on.

ECU Flash

My bike is in for a service and MOT in march, ill be telling them not to do any updates at all and if they do then they can pay for the map to be put back on.

Or don?t tell them that the ECU is flashed should you have to make a warranty claim in the future?

I got a deal before Christmas with 20% off as it was his quiet time. Its usually 750 for the map I got which is the Woolwich one and his top one. Think rhe other map he does is about 600.

Warranty wise. All you need to tell them is not to do any software updates. Just use an excuse for it. Mine rides totally different now. Genuinely like a different bike. Mainly down to fueling I think when you look at the map graph

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hi Ste looking at getting my standard 22 plate done by Phil,any chance of a look at the graph.
Thanks Craig

Latest posts

Back