Clown bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy folks. I sold my Gen3 a few years ago (needed the ??) and haven't been on the forum much as I found coming on here a bit sad TBH... I wonder if the current owner of GY17KZX is on here?... I digress

Those of you who unfortunate enough to have met me know that at 6'7" I need a bigger bike. The S1000RR Gen 3 was a bit small for me TBH, but I put up with it because it was and is obviously the best.

I was going to get a Gen 5 a few weeks back but the new biz is swapping out it's investor so I'll probably miss this season. The Gen5 is going to have to wait (it'll be a business expense, obvs!).

I need some advice. I'm looking for a cheap 'hooligan' bike (don't worry, never broken the speed limit, have we stuartb?). Got my eye on a 2007 GSXR or a 2012 Tuono. What are these two like for size? I had a RC8R once but broke the engine at Brands, delicate orange flower.

Thoughts welcome...

Alright big chap !... no sports bikes suit anyone of your stature lol... it'll always need to be a trade off haha...

You and the Gen 3 were absolutely fine when me and you split from the pack and hammered home to my place from wherever we were..Dufftown or somewhere..Great blast down the road that !...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Proper mad fun that was. I did a course run by the local Police where they taught you about road positioning and safety stuff. They bollocked anyone going too fast in a sub-60 limit, however they were totally cool about "making progress" in national speed limit areas when safe to do so. This one old copper kept showing me a clean pair of heels on his RT when I was sticking to 60.

Alright big chap !... no sports bikes suit anyone of your stature lol... it'll always need to be a trade off haha...

You and the Gen 3 were absolutely fine when me and you split from the pack and hammered home to my place from wherever we were..Dufftown or somewhere..Great blast down the road that !...

That was a great blast. It must have been 100 plus miles, I'd say, over that hill, down onto Loch Ness side and down the A82 to Dumbarton..

Mate of mine is 6 foot 4 and has a bit of a dodgy back. He changes his bikes like his underpants and has tried all sorts, GS, Super Duke, etc. You name he's tried it. The most comfortable? The RR believe it or not. He's had 3 now, keeps going back to it. This was Gen 3s, he's not tried a later one, yet.

Thanks Guys. Just bought me an '07 Gixxer to tide me over until I can afford a Gen4/5 (last bike was a Gen3, no going backwards). Picking it up from Falkirk next week. Got it checked over by Facts Garage who got good reviews. The seller is a decent guy (I knew I could trust him when he photographed the spare cans and screen all bubble-wrapped up ready to go).

The motorcycle transport guys turned out to be muppet show material. Texted me 2 hours after they were supposed to collect it with some BS excuse. The seller stayed in for hours waiting for them. Jeez. So I'm flying up and riding it back.

Hey Stuartb, you around next week? I'll need to take it easy. A new-to-me bike, totally analogue, no TC, ABS or rider aids. Gulp...

Thanks Guys. Just bought me an '07 Gixxer to tide me over until I can afford a Gen4/5 (last bike was a Gen3, no going backwards). Picking it up from Falkirk next week. Got it checked over by Facts Garage who got good reviews. The seller is a decent guy (I knew I could trust him when he photographed the spare cans and screen all bubble-wrapped up ready to go).

The motorcycle transport guys turned out to be muppet show material. Texted me 2 hours after they were supposed to collect it with some BS excuse. The seller stayed in for hours waiting for them. Jeez. So I'm flying up and riding it back.

Hey Stuartb, you around next week? I'll need to take it easy. A new-to-me bike, totally analogue, no TC, ABS or rider aids. Gulp...

Yes mate, Falkirk is about 45 minutes from me, happy to hook up if you fancy it..weather dependant mind you.. you still got my number ? 07779 150 760..

Presumably you've bought a thou ? . I think their a great bike, Ive ridden a few of that era, you sit "inside" rather than perched on top, well I do being a paltry 6ft, dunno about you tho lol...

Yes mate, Falkirk is about 45 minutes from me, happy to hook up if you fancy it..weather dependant mind you.. you still got my number ? 07779 150 760..

Presumably you've bought a thou ? . I think their a great bike, Ive ridden a few of that era, you sit "inside" rather than perched on top, well I do being a paltry 6ft, dunno about you tho lol...

Nice one Stu. Planets not aligning so trying another delivery company. I'll drop by when I do the NC500 next. If it's raining I'll buy you a curry in return for the last visit with the boys.

I'll post pics when it arrives. Apparently there's an OEM sprocket in the box of goodies (forgot about the box, didn't fancy taking that around Scotland). The seller popped a new one on for better acceleration.

Coz Gixxers ain't fast enough apparently [emoji849]

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

She's here! Thanks for your positive thoughts guys. Will get her taxed, insured etc then out for a spin.

Her tank and swingarm are covered in OEM stickers ATM. Any ideas on how to get them off without knackering the paint?

Apparently I need to wear protective equipment, not drink alcohol and use unleaded petrol [emoji38]
8fe501f9eefe60c5ff70e83599d0f9ac.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back