Buying advice: 2022MY gen 4 or new 2023?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3204

Reaction score
As I mentioned in my welcome post, I'm looking for an S100RR.

My question is whether I should go for a [mature] 2022MY bike or for a new 2023MY. I think the ergonomics are more or less identical in the bikes I've tried.

Are the 2023 upgrades worth the expense (do you feel)? I know that technically only I can answer that question but it would be good to have some other opinions.

I plan to do a couple of track days a year at Cadwell but I would spend most of my time on the road, so the electronics updates would most likely be less relevant for me, although the QS upgrade sounds good.

Is it likely that aftermarket products for the 2022 bike would carry over to the 2023 given the bikes' similarities?

Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

Most Gen4 parts will fit the Gen5, evolution not revolution.

K46 2009 - 2018 Gen1 to Gen3 were all similar.

K67 2019 - 202* will all share many carry over parts. (same with the K66 M1000RR)

What should you buy? Well its probably which appeals more, many hate the wings, others like it. I feel the wings improve the look of the bike. There's not many out there yet (only launched 20days ago).

The Gen4 2022 has many of the rough edges knocked off, there have been a number of high profile recalls from 2019 to now. If you prefer the cleaner look then go for it.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Most Gen4 parts will fit the Gen5, evolution not revolution.

K46 2009 - 2018 Gen1 to Gen3 were all similar.

K67 2019 - 202* will all share many carry over parts. (same with the K66 M1000RR)

What should you buy? Well its probably which appeals more, many hate the wings, others like it. I feel the wings improve the look of the bike. There's not many out there yet (only launched 20days ago).

The Gen4 2022 has many of the rough edges knocked off, there have been a number of high profile recalls from 2019 to now. If you prefer the cleaner look then go for it.

Thanks Alex. Very helpful. Lots to chew over...

If you can afford the new one then get the new one.

I purchased mine new at the start of last year and the updates this year wouldn?t be enough to warrant me to trade in, in fact the good changes they?ve made don?t entertain me at all but the subtle changes they?ve made with regards to the TFT display and the settings within the dash etc would, I really wish they?d offer these as a software update for the 19-22 bikes.

If you can afford the new one then get the new one.

I purchased mine new at the start of last year and the updates this year wouldn?t be enough to warrant me to trade in, in fact the good changes they?ve made don?t entertain me at all but the subtle changes they?ve made with regards to the TFT display and the settings within the dash etc would, I really wish they?d offer these as a software update for the 19-22 bikes.
The TFT may come. Give it time.

Latest posts

Back