Gen 4 conversion to track

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cropsprayer

Reaction score
Hi, I currently have a 2014 Gen 2 which I bought as a road bike and converted to track. I now want to sell up and do the same with a Gen 4 but have some questions to narrow down my search! Anyone on here done similar and if so what model did you opt for as from what I can see the Pro and M models come with things like dynamic suspension which is likely no good for track so would upgrade anyway? advanced rider modes which I assume can just be enabled on standard via ECU flash? and carbon wheels which I have already in the form of BST's but unsure if they can be made to fit a gen 4?

Any tips and / or advice would be great!

Thanks,
Rob.

Nothing decent will transfer over from the K46 to the K67.
Bobbins, fuel caps, a carbon front mudguard...they would xfer, but basically when selling my Gen3 to go Gen5 I had to move everything on...

To your question about what to buy, if you want a track bike I'd go get a prepped one. PHR, HM, Crowe etc probably know of racers wanting to sell up. If you want to have a road bike on track then get the best one, because the resale will always be stronger even if the parts are not used by you. A non-DDC bike will always be unfavourable with the market. And if you're going passive then you don't want what BMW give you. Get a DDS/NIX kit and it will resale for a large % of what you paid for it originally.

Thanks Alex! I?m not after a road bike to use for both road and track, it will purely be track only. Reason for preferring a road bike is it will likely not have been binned and probably had an easier life to date rather than picking up a track/race bike. I do see the logic though in going for something where it?s already all done and setup. Is that what you did out of interest? What about the rider modes?

I've gone, for now, to using it road and track...
I can't remember the Rider Modes situation on the K67 2019-2022. I think it was an option pack item for the 'sport'...and std on the white 'm sport'. Though they have a habit of changing what they come with.
When I ordered the configurator specifically said the M GPS code was included, but none was delivered and the wording disappeared...

Hi,
I'm transferring my gen 4 road bike to track. The mods I've done so far are replacing air filter to sprint performance, akrapovic headers stainless waiting for link pipe and can from pipewerx, titax wheels, front discs from alpha racing, front sprocket replaced -1, rear sprocket +1 (waiting for) , fork cartridges and rear shock being replaced to k-tech, getting the ecu remapped, rearsets replaced with diamond rearsets. That's where I'm up to hopefully ready for March 2024

Raced my gen 1, with Bitubo front kit and shock. Raced my gen3 and left the suspension alone which felt just as good as the Bitubo in the gen1. (Both road and track) My Gen4 (Msport)was a disappointment to start with on track until I really started to push it (out of my comfort zone). I'm not particularly fast, 5 days at Almeria next month should make my mind up.
I guess the difference is in what you want (need) and what you think you want (need).
Replacing headers etc is a grey area regarding noise in UK and I can see it getting a lot worse....

Good luck with the build ! :encouragement:

Latest posts

Back