what was your bike before the s1rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My current bike: Honda cbr 600 rr 2007

Hope to get a 2012 S1000rr this year...

04062012118_zpsbe4e7179.jpg

My "last" bikes were a '91 CBR600 which I'm restoring, '89 FZ750 with lots of FZR1000 bits on it, '98 TL1000S, '01 KTM200EXC (way scarier than an S1KRR!) and an '02 VFR800 VTEC.

I say "last", they're all still cluttering up my workshop... I really should start de-cluttering!

mine was a 03 VFR 800 proper tank of a Bike, I will miss her, but bring on the future S1000RR

2000 Yamaha DT 125
1999 Suzuki GSXR 600
2005 suzuki GSXR 750
2011 BMW S1000RR

I will try to post pics soon if I can work out photobucket.

Last edited:
sorry for all the separate posts guys, trying to figure linking them together in one post for the future , bloody android phone.

David

K5 GSXR750 has to be one of the best bikes for trackdays going. Cheap, quick and solid. :)

Got rid of both of these for my first try at the BMW S1000RR, hoping it is going to be as good as the experience I had with Aprilia but I am not so sure it is going to have the same sort of character as the V Twin Aprilia, they kept up with anything in the corners!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• bitches.jpg
    bitches.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I had the big bang r1 in red and white hated it at first but grew to love it in the end.The r1 tends to give you a special relationship that has to be worked at other r1 owners will relate to this.However I ain't going back I have found my perfect bike.

Alex your right it really was a great bike but jumping on the s1000rr the only noticeable difference was the POWER! lol I would say the bmw handles better and feels light years ahead.

mick two beautiful bikes right there had an rs 125 for a short spell, and as I have said my Bro has an RSV4 which is amazing, never tried an aprilla twin though.

Last edited:
mick two beautiful bikes right there had an rs 125 for a short spell, and as I have said my Bro has an RSV4 which is amazing, never tried an aprilla twin though.

I was getting rid of these for an RSV4 but had always fancied trying a BMW, but the only way to describe the RSV Mille is like a 600 on steroids. They are one of the best handling bikes out there on the Ohlins suspension and with the lightweight wheels, and whilst they will keep up and even outrun most stuff in corners they lack power where the Inline 4's (especially modern ones) make shed loads more.

In fairness, i have had 2 other Aprilia RSV's long before these and these particular bikes were bought just to try and re-live some of what I'd had years ago, they scratched an itch after having had an 07 R1 for 5 years (the longest I had ever had a bike for!!!), I 'may' invest in another RSV in the near future but purely to thrash on track.

The one thing you generally can't do with an Aprilia though is leave it in a garage for a year and expect it to start first time, my R1 did that no problem.

Latest posts

Back