What have you done to your bike today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice run out to Llynn Brenig North Wales today, bike was performing great, it's time for the first service so better get it booked in.
5bc81c102cec7af36dbaba3bd6ea9a64_zps9a1e3c35.jpg

This arrived today so put it on, bit of a faff, as usual the hardest bit is putting it all back together.

2b744332d750aef86ff62486e3d49ffd_zpseabfb465.jpg

Fitted the stubby Akra exhaust , d3 race hooks and zero gravity double bubble smoked screen that I'm not sure about and washed it ahead of a possible trip to donny tm.

Fitted new

Sprocket carrier bearings and seals.
Cush Rubbers
brembo front discs
SBS front pads
tightened Swing Arm tension (swing arm had play in it)
Adjust front fork height to 5 lines showing to help turn in and get bike sitting level

Actually got out and ridden the thing! :tennis:

Left home at 7:45 am and got back at 4;45... will be cleaning the bugs off tmrw

Removed crash bungs from engine frame mounts, removed harsh 4k revs vibration! Can feel all my fingers after a ride. Result 😁😁

dropped the forks out for new seals...... 4 years old n only 6,000 miles is pretty pish if you ask me....

dropped the forks out for new seals...... 4 years old n only 6,000 miles is pretty pish if you ask me....

Jeez yeah.

Mine is 3 years old september, 13k miles, fork oil changed twice, and springs/valves changed, still on same seals, holding tight at present.

Although bike is in tuesday @ Tillet Suspension for shock service and new spring (oil and gas with new seals). Nothing wrong with it but I always service shock around this mileage so I can spread out service cost stuff.

although I can't see it stopping the majority of under-tray stone chips I decided to fill the HP Carbon Hugger hole.......next will be some clear 3M film on the undertray

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s884.photobucket.com/user/Darren_Riley/embed/slideshow/BMW%20HP4%20HP%20Carbon%20infill"></iframe>

although I can't see it stopping the majority of under-tray stone chips

Think I have done 3000 miles on the HP4 in the year I have had it and only one stone chip on the undertray (my hugger has no hole). Bought an m42 touch up paint set for about ?30 and it does a great job, on the rims too (stone chip there also). Can't see the original chips at all.

I've always thought fitting some mesh underneath the hugger hole is soo much easier and cheaper than buying a whole new hugger with no hole.

looks good rr1diz

Think I have done 3000 miles on the HP4 in the year I have had it and only one stone chip on the undertray (my hugger has no hole). Bought an m42 touch up paint set for about ?30 and it does a great job, on the rims too (stone chip there also). Can't see the original chips at all.

must be the hole then...done under 1000 miles since got couple of months ago and have about 4 or 5 under the seat unit....wishes I'd taken note when first read here on the forum

I've always thought fitting some mesh underneath the hugger hole is soo much easier and cheaper than buying a whole new hugger with no hole.

looks good rr1diz

bargain @ ?5 for an A4 sheet, plus ?2 postage .....they even sent me two sheets either intentionally or by mistake. think the stainless mesh looks better than the triangular mesh BMW have on the carbon side trim imo

just awaiting the HP4 D3 Tail Tidy to come back in stock now....but that's another thread lol

Latest posts

Back