What did you do with your bike today?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tech Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I thought a general check in thread would be cool.

What did you do to/on your bike today? Take a trip? Just ride around? Did you work on it?

Let us all know what you did, no matter how small.

Really small. I woke her up gently from her slumber with a coffee in one hand - she didn't want the coffee fortunately! I gently lifted up the covers, charged up the battery with my Optimate, put some dry lube on the chain, checked the tyre pressures, coolant level and oil level ready for a ride out with my buddy from Basingstoke to Marlborough on Saturday - first of the year in 2024! I think the worst of the salt has been washed away.

I'll be at Bähnstormers Alton around noon tomorrow on my K46 for a £4 burger contribution to the air ambulance if anyone else is going? Then I'm off to meet my buddy in Basingstoke for as spirited ride as the conditions allow.

Not today but dropped mine off to Crowe couple of weeks ago for a few bits.

Had the big thumbs up she's all good and dyno runs show she's still healthy. Pick her up next week then straight off to be being wrapped ready for 2024 TD and racing.

No road riding for me these days. Wife stopped that the day we got married but TD's and racing allowed :cool:

Ha, similar. Also dropped off a stack of 6 R11 tyres (2 front 4 rear) for her to look at and look forward to destroying.

Had a motivational speech to myself. Went to the garage and installed a full set of Spider crash protection covers, they look great. I came out of the garage with a smile on my face, as I managed to get my 2003 SP2 started after 8 months of troubleshooting.

Had a motivational speech to myself. Went to the garage and installed a full set of Spider crash protection covers, they look great. I came out of the garage with a smile on my face, as I managed to get my 2003 SP2 started after 8 months of troubleshooting.

Oooh SP2. Pics please. The bike that was the reason I got a license, and then completely failed to buy.

Oooh SP2. Pics please. The bike that was the reason I got a license, and then completely failed to buy.
It is currently naked, as I have removed the fairings, to check the wiring, with some deep cleaning needs. Hopefully by the weekend I might be able to supply some pics. A proud owner for 19 years. The picture was taken 2013

IMG_0072.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back