What have you done to your bike today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great feedback thanks. Are you still happy now that they are on and any pics? Recommend we take the plunge?

Sorry, didn't get back on this as I've been busy with other things for a few days. Fitted now. I added some small spacer washers behind the RH cover to avoid rubbing or paint damage on the original parts - and on the LHS engine cover I covered the back face with protective wrapping (gaffa tape!) for the same reason.

Fit was good, and they look fine on the bike. Maybe not as bling as carbon, but significantly cheaper, and they're only there to sacrifice themselves in the event of a mishap!

Pics wise, I have a couple of them unfitted...
engcov2.jpg
engcov1.jpg

And you can see the RHS cover in this picture:
RHS.jpg

But I haven't got any of the LHS yet!

I have also purchased, from the same eBay seller, a milled sidestand foot enlarger - which is also very good quality and a good fit. Helps with several of the places I park regularly, and also lifts the bike a bit more upright which is handy for me being short and weak...

Since the last pic was taken, I've removed the rear pegs and fitted a pair of billet tiedowns, and I have, by way of experiment, ordered a ~?15 seat cowl off eBay which is coming from China. I'll be interested to see what it's like - I want it mainly as I'm considering a project to build a custom box mounting plate; and I wasn't going to pay BMW prices for a proper cowl.

I've done so much over the winter months but yesterday was the end of it. I needed some space to fit my Bazzaz ZFi unit comfortably so I bought and fitted a Shorai small case battery.

26722847680_c9072f29b7_z.jpg

And after months of hibernation/modifying/assembling, I managed to get out for the first time this season:

26375972723_164a17f3ce_z.jpg

Lightech chain adjusters fitted. Also replaced the screws at either end of the quick shifter with standard bolt heads

I'm going camping in a couple of weeks so tonight I started making a rack for all my gear. It's not pretty but it should do the trick!

Attachments

• image-3239718469.jpg
    image-3239718469.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 82
You can't beat a bit of chequer plate, just make sure you don't catch any passers by with it Stephen, you'll cut 'em in half!

After 6 years and 3 months of ownership I have finally got round to flipping the eccentric shock mount on my 2010 RR. Have not ridden it yet, I have got all day out on the bike tomorrow. I will let you know if I change it back.

Test fit all my camping gear before my weekend away next week, not as much stuff as I thought!
7ff93135097bf16213faaa8939eeb378.jpg

Last edited:
Phil
I flipped my eccentric shock mount months ago and it transformed the handling
By far the best mod I've made and the cheapest
You obviously have a 2010- 2011 model too

Phil

You obviously have a 2010- 2011 model too
Yep, March 2010.

I have now done 265 miles since doing this mod, Bike now feels like one of my old ZXR750's, easier to turn in and a bit front endy. It has made my shock feel as though it is working better (?), I might do a few clicks off the comp and try it again.

Put my rad cover and oil cooler cover back on. Just for a giggle, ordered a set of Chinese chain adjusters off eBay - similar to the Lightech but a third of the price. Will be interested to compare them - I have a pal with a set of Lightechs to look at and measure etc.

I have a fairly open mind about the Chinese gear. My experience so far of Chinese engine cover protectors, side stand foot, seat cowl, and a few other bits and bobs has been very good. Excellent quality and made to fine tolerances.

Mind, that's the beauty of CNC - working in manufacturing as I do I'm no longer surprised to find the Chinese are able to make things just as well as anyone else but at much lower prices - after all, they're using the same Harrison, Matsuura, Trumpf, etc kit as anyone else.

Latest posts

Back