What have you done to your bike today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put my rad cover and oil cooler cover back on. Just for a giggle, ordered a set of Chinese chain adjusters off eBay - similar to the Lightech but a third of the price. Will be interested to compare them - I have a pal with a set of Lightechs to look at and measure etc.

I have a fairly open mind about the Chinese gear. My experience so far of Chinese engine cover protectors, side stand foot, seat cowl, and a few other bits and bobs has been very good. Excellent quality and made to fine tolerances.

Mind, that's the beauty of CNC - working in manufacturing as I do I'm no longer surprised to find the Chinese are able to make things just as well as anyone else but at much lower prices - after all, they're using the same Harrison, Matsuura, Trumpf, etc kit as anyone else.
RR you ever get these Chinese adjusters ... whats the synopsis ?

Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

I sent the forks and ohlins shock off for a service on the arrrr 1. Had to ad lib a way of keeping both ends up
129b63fd7798790b7cbef240f5904121.jpg
20059fac072f7f355be60e9230612587.jpg
db3b4aaee462c79acb95f163de651313.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You impressed stu? 😂

Technically ive used an engine lift to lift an engine. Just so happens everything else is still attached 😂😂😂

Exactly mate.

My winter jobs . Pair of tyres... chain and sprockets..new double bubble..remove plastics ..thorough clean...then probably van it down to Stephen and get him to do big service (18k) even tho ive only 15k on the clock. I really feel it needs the clearances done. I just cant see me paying 800 quid to Dalkeith when I can get a competent equivalent job from a forum sponsor/member....

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Last post in here was Nov 16?

No-one has done anything to their bikes lately? seriously? :eek:nthego:

Been a busy day today finishing off a few jobs and starting others, and running into a few problems which seems to be the norm at the moment.

I think over the last week and a bit the bike has changed quite a bit with the addition of the M4 calipers, venhill brake line (fitted but needs modifying now!), a Brembo 19RCS as well as the clutch perch and lever, carbon swing arm and frame protectors. I have also got round to fitting the Bitubo rear shock that i gratefully received from Alex (that was a saga in itself but couldn't have asked for better service from all concerned!) and the Carbon Dymags from Kyle, added to that I went with the 520 chain conversion opting for a 16 front sprocket and an EK 3D 520 chain (I have some concerns about the chain being strong enough now!).

Fitted the tail unit ready for the front fairing to come back from Phil Crowe after it got damaged in transit (can't do much more with the fairings due to needing the front to marry everything up to), but what bits I have are all now stickered up.

Fitted the titanium link pipe I got from Alpha and reconnected my ECU which had been down to Hilltop to get flashed, naturally I can't confirm what it is going to be like but I can confirm that the neighbours probably didn't appreciate the new noise coming from the decatted exhaust although they may have appreciated the flames that were on show occasionally.

Got a few major additions to the bike coming in the very near future, very extravagant ones to be honest but I decided that if the bike was going to become my main past time then I might as well spend some money on it even if i won't get the full benefit of all of it :highly_amused:

20170603_204112.jpg20170603_204136.jpg20170605_171012.jpg20170531_205759.jpg20170603_204046.jpg

Good write up Mick... so is that you totally track based now, what about a wee runabout for the roads... hard to beat a good run on a nice sunny day or a trip abroad.

Im still hankering over a track bike and frequently browse, but cant really justify due to location and cost. I just cant see myself buying an old squib for a couple of grand..I'd be at least twice that and a few K for wheels, rubber, plastics etc.

Yours looks fantastic mate... cant beleive you have a louder exhaust than the one previously lol...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It depends on what side of the bed I wake up, I said yesterday that I might entertain getting a run about, the problem is that I end up with two bikes that I can't stop polishing or throwing money at :nonchalance:

As for the exhaust, i am almost too scared to put the SC Project on it with that decat!!!! I can imagine being sent home from Knockhill just for taking the piss despite having no noise testing there :hurt:

That few bits and pieces that are on their way would have probably paid for a run around actually and when I sit there and work out what I have now spent over the last month or so I could have bought a decent spec track bike and kept this for the road, but I wanted this one to be one that I built in all fairness.

Been a busy day
Completed a full service including all filters & oil changed and then some new rear brake pads

Fitted a set of HP4 rearsets,Carbon frame guards,Light tech crash bungs,ilmberger carbon winglets,For protectors and black stomp grips

Oh also fitted the Carbon Akra and Carbon hanger
WhatsApp Image 2017-06-10 at 20.53.14.jpeg

Washed it , dried it , relubed the chain and put it back in the garage ready for BSB at Knockhill next weekend.

Latest posts

Back