Urgently need some help.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sasstig

Hi,
just got my S1000rr Sport and what a bike, except for comfort as after 20 minutes I am suffering from a severe bad lower back. I don't know what to do as the bike is great but I cannot go on like this.

does anyone have any suggestions

thanks
Sasstig

imagejpeg

New bike different riding position stick with it

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

New bike different riding position stick with it

Cheers The-Maz, AndyZXR for your prompt reply but I px my Ducati Panigale 1199s for this S1000rr and never had a bad back with the Duke. The BM is amazing and the garage said they can't do anything for me. So I'm contemplating to sell it back and go back to what I know. Someone suggested buying some rear sets.

Sasstig

I've only had a 2 hour demo on panigale 959, completely different riding position

U can get a foot peg lowering kit very cheap that fill fix it I came off a 1199 u can also get clips making wider like pani but all depends if u want the bike to Handel took me 3000 Mile to adjust to the bike stick with it

Agree with Sissy, stick with it, you're not tensing up as its a new bike are you? Gilles supply lowered pegs (see Calsport or Performance Parts websites to order)

My bike was uncomfortable until I fitted rear sets it was night and day I have now fitted a comfort seat and now it's even better

U can get a foot peg lowering kit very cheap that fill fix it I came off a 1199 u can also get clips making wider like pani but all depends if u want the bike to Handel took me 3000 Mile to adjust to the bike stick with it

Ah I thought it may be down to the pegs, it seems my knees are no where near the stomp grip. I'm about 3 inches below the middle of the stomp grip. Do you find Sissymc7 the S1000rr is a better bike than the Panigale???

Loved my pani yes very roomy and spacious but not very good handling at higher speed , s1000 fantastic bike once settled I find pegs to far forward for me 20mm back n 10mm higher but I'm a short Arse

No, lowered pegs on the std hangers look on the websites I mentioned and you'll see them

Have you had a look at this website:

http://cycle-ergo.com

It may be useful to compare both of the bikes and the positioning to perhaps determine where and what is possibly causing the issue. Pegs, bars, seats can all be amended to get to the position you want. Nothing worse than being uncomfortable and in pain on a bike, takes concentration away from the road.

Hope this helps.

Have you had a look at this website:

http://cycle-ergo.com

It may be useful to compare both of the bikes and the positioning to perhaps determine where and what is possibly causing the issue. Pegs, bars, seats can all be amended to get to the position you want. Nothing worse than being uncomfortable and in pain on a bike, takes concentration away from the road.

Hope this helps.

I would like to thank you ALL for your feedback, it's great to have so many people who care and really want to make a difference, so thanks.

ill keep the bike and get the items you stated

Sasstig

Latest posts

Back