loss of Torque - cannot feel the torque

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debaditya215

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 2018 s1000rr with Akrapovic full system and rapid bike module. I recently got the throttle bodies cleaned and adaptations reset - since doing this I am experiencing a very strange phenomenon. soon after the cleaning and resetting of adaptations I experienced a loss in torque - I hooked up Rapid bike and changed a few settings and it started running fine, exactly how it used to - but after riding for 50 odd kms it again went bad and I started missing the torque and throttle response that you'd associate with having a full system and a properly tuned rapid bike. Went back to the dealership got the adaptations reset again - and it worked fine for some kms but went back to no torque and not so good throttle response.

I am NOT able to understand why its behaving in this fashion ... my suspicions are as follows:

1) o2 sensors needing a bit of cleaning - maybe it's giving a false reading
2) Clutch issue
3) Faulty rapid bike

But not sure what it actually is... any suggestions , guidance would be much appreciated.

can you bypass the module, as in remove it and go back to stock, that will give an indication if it's the module or not.

clutch, is it spiking on open throttle,have you adjusted the cable?

02 sensor, clean it...

Hi,

Thank you for your input! Will do that! and get the o2 sensors cleaned.

Clutch seems fine because as revs go up the bike is accelerating. I've also whacked open the throttle a couple of times in 2nd gear - didnt feel any slip etc.Its just that the throttle is no longer crisp and can't feel the torque... the throttle/acceleration feels pretty spungy.

I was also thinking of getting rid of the rapid bike and getting Brentune stage 2 for my RR.

Mine worked - but it wasn't as good as a real map on the Euro 4 versions of the S1000RR.
They give you a bypass in the kit as far as I remember.
Are there any fault codes when you get the adaptions reset?

up untill this point I have really enjoyed the Rapid Bike. The mid range , the torque and drivability has just been super super AWESOME. I do have a 2021 zx10r as well which is brentuned stage 2 - The RR feels just as Rapid as the 10r , probably better mid range if I am being honest! but not whats happened all of a sudden why i am having this issue. Have had the full sys akra and rapid bike for over 25k kms. the bikes done 33000 kms as of today .

Latest posts

Back