Exhaust system for my 22 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KKND83

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I became the proud owner of 22 S1000RR in Mineral Gray, dubbed Lava.

Really enjoying the bike, did replace the windscreen to a slightly taller version, otherwise all else is stock except few cosmetics.

Anyways, the bike is too quiet. While it's comfortable for long distance riding the way it is, I feel that I need to hear the bike. It's fitted with the HP Akra sports silencer but it sounds like a scooter, honestly!

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Akra optional titanium headers coupled with the Titanium Akra GP style slip on. Anyone with the same setup who can share some thoughts on their experience? Is it obnoxiously loud? Does cause ear fatigue? Any other opinion?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome mate. You?re not an Aussie too by chance with that username are ya? Played a lot of KKND back in the day.

Congrats on the bike btw.
Not sure if a servo eliminator to disable the flap in the rear cat box thing might be a good, much cheaper, alternative? Haven?t heard one myself though?

It will only be louder below 5-6k with a servo eliminator.

I haven?t got the system myself but I think the full system with the titanium can (long) sounds incredible, for me the GP is too loud. I?ll be purchasing one shortly as I too find it too quiet but I sometimes commute on the bike and leave proper early so I don?t think I?d be flavour of the month with the neighbours, I think they?ll moan about the long can but **** em.

I have a full Akra ti system with GP can and it?s very loud on cold start but does quieten down after, love the sound and wouldn?t change it.

I have a full Akra ti system with GP can and it?s very loud on cold start but does quieten down after, love the sound and wouldn?t change it.

Thanks for your response.

I'm not worried about it being too loud unless it will cause ear ringing /fatigue/droning on long rides cause the S1000RR just begs to be taken on long rides and I love that about it.

Welcome mate. You?re not an Aussie too by chance with that username are ya? Played a lot of KKND back in the day.

Congrats on the bike btw.
Not sure if a servo eliminator to disable the flap in the rear cat box thing might be a good, much cheaper, alternative? Haven?t heard one myself though?

No mate, not an Aussie (awesome people by the way!) and yes, KKND was a pivotal game in my childhood.

Not sure about the eliminator path but kinda had my mind set on the Full system. First bike with a stock exhaust, My Multistrada is fitted with the Termignoni full Ti system and it sounds glorious!

Need to bring out the life in the S1000RR.

Thanks for your response.

I'm not worried about it being too loud unless it will cause ear ringing /fatigue/droning on long rides cause the S1000RR just begs to be taken on long rides and I love that about it.

I wear moulded plugs when riding mine! Ear ringing most definitely without them everything else I don?t find a problem but you probably need to ride one with a full system to see if you like it.
I did a 10 day trip in picos de Europa without issue

Saw a Gen4 with a full system down at Loomies last year and it was obnoxiously loud - even through my earplugs! Got a Racefit can on mine (same as LCR put on his demo bike) and I'm quite happy with the volume. Louder than stock, but not going to be upsetting anyone and sounded really good going through the Hindhead tunnel

Thank you all for the input.

As an update, I ended up with the Akra titanium headers only, kept the Akra HP BMW OEM Sports silencer on that's part of the race package.

The first start after the headers installation was enough for me to decide not to go with the GP Style shorty. Loud enough with depth to the tone without being obnoxiously loud. Great sound while riding, beautiful pops and crackles and people definetly hear me coming ( unlike before).

Should I ever get bored with the sound, I can always install the slip on at a later stage, but for now ( after 400 Kms) pretty happy with the way it looks and sounds.

Ride safe

Latest posts

Back