Tyres for my S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah normally get a bit of balling up but thats taking the piss. I would say despite their blurb these are a road only tire.

Looks to me as you were not quite to the edge. About 3 lines (they run parallel to the edge) from the edge in fact.

The debris on that part of the tyre is rubber that has rolled off from the centre (made worse as the tyre looks like it has got too hot).

Looks to me as you were not quite to the edge. About 3 lines (they run parallel to the edge) from the edge in fact.

The debris on that part of the tyre is rubber that has rolled off from the centre (made worse as the tyre looks like it has got too hot).

+1
Tyre has not been used fully, suspension setting looks good as the wear on the used part of the tyre is superb and there is no front or rear raised edge on the tread...balling on the edge is normal. Tyre temp hence pressure looks ok for the "speed" it has been used at. Surprised you say they are sliding as there is no evidence of this in the wear pattern.
Plenty more speed in these tyres than has been used.
In my humble opinion.

Davy

Last edited:
Tire not fully used bloody cheek I present exhibit A. You're right about the set up its been re-valved. Those markers on edge are almost as deep as the tread so take some rubbing out and as I said this photo was taken at home not at the track so some of it had come off. As to the sliding the dash lights don't lie and neither do my soiled under crackers.

downloads_280713_0527_snetterton.jpg

Doesn't look like much distortion there fella on that rear I run k2's pretty soft and the feel is nice
Could be cos I'm a chuffer too ;)

10aaad33f27927242fe4db929dfdd806_zps7423cc03.jpg

Last edited:
Greg, was the front the same? Did you feel that it was sliding/moving around?

The fronts no where as bad but there's more balling than the last K3 I had on there. Didn't feel like they were was moving about excessively just slipping slightly but then had my feet off the pegs a couple of times.

I agree K3 are twice the price and half the Mileage and personally i cant tell any differance.

Rear 190/55/17 from same online tyre supplier

Metz K3 - £136
Conti Sport 2 - £122
Pir Rosso 2 - £120
Pir Rosso Crosa - £137

Not much difference in price really.

I would have to disagree on the conti v's racetec comparison , hae you tried the conti race attacks ?

I haven't tried the Conti's but I have used the K3's on my R1 and my BMW came with them, great tyre.

Latest posts

Back