Tyres for my S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My '10 came with contis, an 'ok' tyre, when time came swopped to sportsmarts great mileage, great in dry and wet wouldnt hesitate to use again. Just using for track now, k1 & k2 yet another step up but limited supply. Found a racer local to me i bought some sc1 & 2 scrubs off his zx10r ive never tried em, reckons would never go back to metz now. A friend has just given me a nearly new gp racer front slick so bought a rear to match, decisions decisions when to try lol Had 016 0n my 06 blade & 08 gsxr10000 no problems.....

Last edited:
apparantly the new race attacks are supposed to be a decent tire for grip and milege???
anyone tried em

Ive always highly rated the Racetec Interacts and usually use a K1 front and a K2 rear - the Beemer came with the K3's and i was also impressed with them. But i think the basic question you need to ask is what you will be using bike mainly for - mine is a track bike and so ive now gone over to slicks for the first time.

My '10 came with contis, an 'ok' tyre, when time came swopped to sportsmarts great mileage, great in dry and wet wouldnt hesitate to use again. Just using for track now, k1 & k2 yet another step up but limited supply. Found a racer local to me i bought some sc1 & 2 scrubs off his zx10r ive never tried em, reckons would never go back to metz now. A friend has just given me a nearly new gp racer front slick so bought a rear to match, decisions decisions when to try lol Had 016 0n my 06 blade & 08 gsxr10000 no problems.....

Looks like youre gonna have bundles of tyres choices for Brands on Weds then fella!! Bring a spare pair of wheels and i can nick a set off you if it rains and i cant use my new slicks!!!!

Typical, you wait for a bus then they all come at once . Hoops, ive not seen bambi for a long while :encouragement:

LOL!! See you Weds fella - give me a buzz when you have sorted a garage out - or if we are there before you i will let you know where we have set up.

Has anyone else got Conti sport attack 2,s and like them, I've now done 3 trackdays and 2100 miles and they still pretty good and I've never has a scare with them on the bike,,,, im not talking about the original conto sport attack because we all know they were shit lol

I met a chap at Rye who had metzeler M5's and was very complimentary about them. He had smaller chicken strips than me on my K3's (although that is more about my riding skillset sadly)

Anybody else had the M5's or have an opinion about them ?

My bike came fitted with conti sport attack 2 , and I love them only ever had one scare but that was my fault as I pushed a cold front a little to hard

My bike came fitted with conti sport attack 2 , and I love them only ever had one scare but that was my fault as I pushed a cold front a little to hard

I second chorsley, had sport attack 2's since new, can't fault them, loads of grip. Done 2k miles on them and one (slow) trackday, plenty of life left in them yet.

Performance Bikes mag have just ran a report on road tyres - metzeler M5's came out on top - for the road. They are doing the same tyres on track next month.

I've done 7000 miles on my 2011, on 5th set of tyres at moment.

In Order:

Metz K3 - Great for dry, twitchy in wet
Metz M5 - didn't like them came of after 300 miles
Sport Attack 2 - didn't get a fair shout on, puncture after 143 miles, so swapped front and back
Pirelli diablo rosso 2 - was on a budget but proved to be the best tyre fitted so far, unbelievable grip level in wet and dry, but were bold after 900 miles
Bridgestone Hypersport S20 - On these now, great for dry but take 10 miles or so to fully warm up, no confidence in the wet but i have done 1300 on them and still look like new.

Hi Ross and welcom,
It seems that the HP4 comes with the same tyre as the s1000 apart from the 200/55 rear super corsa?
My choice would be Michelin power pure or 2ct to replace the super corsa but as BMW only recommend 4 tyre choices at the minute I will probable have to choice one of those, Ive been told that should I (god forbid ) come of, the first thing the insurance assesses will look at is, have the recommended tyre been fitted and if not, the insurance company can refuse to pay out! That's why I've asked which tyre out of the 4 is the best all rounder for grip,mileage and good in the wet, the Pirelli super corsa sp-c is great in the dry but I'm not so sure they will be good in the wet and as I'm of to Spa in July I need a good all rounder, so any advice from the forum very welcom..

I really hated the m5's and also wish I had took them off earlier than I did , I have also read all the bumf saying how good they were , well I thought they were proper shite for grip but good in the wet.
Back to back with 2ct,s they were nowhere near as good.
I use my bike for fun and tend to take the same blat up the A628 , I've done it for years on the same road and the m5's ran wide on my favourite bends time and time again (well the front did)

Has no one tried the race attack , not sport attack ?

Last edited:
K3s came with the bike and replaced after 6k miles (very bold) but you can tell how I ride......
RP3s had 12k out of them and only replaced as dealer said they were getting very low
M5s, 3k miles so far, much better grip than RP3s

Might have to go back to RP3s for tyre longevity as for my new work projects, I can see I may have to use the motorway more.

Did you like the 2ct better bob? I used to run pilot power pure and 2ct on my 2011 R1 and loved them, the only issue is they are not recommended by BMW motorrad for HP4 and I concerned that it I don't put the recommended tyres on and have a spill my insurance may be void? any one else heard this? that why I`m asking what is the best all rounder for grip in the wet and dry on the road.

Been running PR3's for 7 weeks and put 2,100 on them. Looks like they have just scrubbed in, even after a blast round North Wales.
Way better than the BT16's it came with.

Latest posts

Back