Toprak Razgatlioglu - BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team 2024

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did say at the last race he'd been talking to them... i never thought he'd actually do it though. Very curious decision. Money over ambition? Any reason to expect performance to improve that much for next year he can legitimately expect to challenge for the title? BSB performance has been both encouraging and surprising this year, still not sure they'll have the legs to beat the PBM Ducatis though....

Money over ambition?

I suspect so. I don't know if Kenan soured the milk so much they kinda had to leave.

The R1 is supposed to be replaced this year...if you thought Yamaha were about to release something new to fight the Duc's with you'd suspect he'd have stuck around for that under normal circumstances.

The only career benefit I can think of is that BMW are not in MotoGP so that probably means he's free to talk to all MGP manufacturers now where as before he was contractually tied.

BMW benefit far more than Toprak here, money aside. Yet again they can take a top rider and turn him into a mediocre 5th-10th finisher...whilst burying their heads in the sand about the fundamental issues with the bike. No offence to SMR but BMW need to take the whole operation in house and make it a real works team which drives the development of the road bikes they homologate and not the other way around.

When Bautista announced another season I suspect there were collective groans from tbe opposition!

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back