April fools?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is it? A prank? I can't get my head around what it would be like to try and ride something like that, unless the electronics are so good it feels and handles the same as rear wheel drive, is that even possible?

Think an electric motor in the front hub makes a lot of sense, can power up during petrol driven rear wheel drive and activate when required to 'pull' the bike easing pressure on fuel consumption.

I remember having a Honda Prelude when I was younger that had 4 wheel steering which was a major breakthrough of its time, felt very unobtrusive at speed but was weird when parking, was like a forklift sensation but by heck you could get it in tight spaces.

Sounds like BMW are thinking outside the 'boxer'.

I'll get my coat, lol.

JimmyMac

Prelude eh? A rare beast.

I had one too. I didn't find it strange at all, the exclusivity was nice :).

Me and my buddy bought a prelude to do the scumball rally a few years ago. I took it for a blast down some county lanes and nearly lobbed it in the hedges. The 4ws had a fault in that it wasn't disengaging at speed but the "see you next tuesday" that sold it us had removed the warning bulb from behind the dashboard. As it didn't light up at ignition, we didn't even know it existed... grrr..

Me and my buddy bought a prelude to do the scumball rally a few years ago. I took it for a blast down some county lanes and nearly lobbed it in the hedges. The 4ws had a fault in that it wasn't disengaging at speed but the "see you next tuesday" that sold it us had removed the warning bulb from behind the dashboard. As it didn't light up at ignition, we didn't even know it existed... grrr..

Mine was G33 PTO quite apt if it was the one you got Wayne. I couldn't get to grips with the reverse parking to start with but it was a lot of fun, my Dad did say that I would flip it one day when he saw the Reg. plate.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back