BMW Model Year 2017 Details Released

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes Alex they will be rubbing their hands in glee when all the 2017 models are released for sale

Contrary to popular opinion on here I actually like the look of the new 17 bike in Motorsport colours. I think it looks awesome and I don't even mind the Euro 4 exhaust as am sure in time I would change it but its not a biggie. I probably had one of the last 16 models reserved but cancelled last month, pleased I did and will now wait for March 17!

Contrary to popular opinion on here I actually like the look of the new 17 bike in Motorsport colours. I think it looks awesome and I don't even mind the Euro 4 exhaust as am sure in time I would change it but its not a biggie. I probably had one of the last 16 models reserved but cancelled last month, pleased I did and will now wait for March 17!

If you cancelled in Sept thanks as I've got a lighter bike with all the extras & have put 2k miles on it since :)

Can't stand the grey and the new white colour options though :/

Seems the BM is still the bench mark for litre bikes even though it's two years old.

5hp increase on the XR despite Euro 4 is positive.

If you cancelled in Sept thanks as I've got a lighter bike with all the extras & have put 2k miles on it since :)

Can't stand the grey and the new white colour options though :/

Seems the BM is still the bench mark for litre bikes even though it's two years old.

5hp increase on the XR despite Euro 4 is positive.

Haha awesome work! Anything to help dude!

Don't forget ABS Pro is now confirmed as standard too, finally clearing that up.
I like the Black/Grey. Will go for it if I change.

The Black/Grey is a great option too IMO - looks pretty different to other race bikes out there and suits the shape of the bike. GO FOR IT!

Was told by 2 dealers that people who buy pipes for there new Euro 4 bikes will not have the option of removing the baffle..... it will be welded in and they say akro are already doing this !!! Glad I've got the 2016... just saying

Was told by 2 dealers that people who buy pipes for there new Euro 4 bikes will not have the option of removing the baffle..... it will be welded in and they say akro are already doing this !!! Glad I've got the 2016... just saying

I don't understand that statement, what do you mean?

How do Euro4 regs affect what people will fit aftermarket?

- Sent from Mobile

Haven't a clue myself... was in a local dealer the other day looking to buy a new pipe for my 16 and the salesman said if you now buy a akro you won't be able to remove the baffle..... he said it's something to do with the new emissions!

I jumped in fast and got a sc project! That came with some sort of credit card to say it conforms to the eu something or other lol

Haven't a clue myself... was in a local dealer the other day looking to buy a new pipe for my 16 and the salesman said if you now buy a akro you won't be able to remove the baffle..... he said it's something to do with the new emissions!

Right...I was going to reuse the one I have anyway...I can get the header turned down to mate with the revised head. (Difference from Gen2 to Gen3)

Probably the 'official HP akra' having this feature for the '17 bike, suspect akra will produce an aftermarket version with removable baffle. So you're getting a '17RR (is that a gen4??) then Alex?

Not sure what truth there is in it but they said they've just sold a akro full system to a customer for a ktm and he's ruined the pipe trying to remove the baffle.... they said they spoke to akro and that's the new law...

Probably the 'official HP akra' having this feature for the '17 bike, suspect akra will produce an aftermarket version with removable baffle. So you're getting a '17RR (is that a gen4??) then Alex?

I don't know - was speaking to Soof yesterday about it, he'll confirm I can't decide what to do lol. My plan was to get 2 good years with my modified '12 and then swap come September '17 to something new to me...I should stick to that plan really and get some use out of the one I have.

That's the common sense approach I took right up until the point when I test road a gen3, told myself it wasn't really much better than my gen2, then snapped up a month old '15RR 2 weeks later!!

I don't know - was speaking to Soof yesterday about it, he'll confirm I can't decide what to do lol. My plan was to get 2 good years with my modified '12 and then swap come September '17 to something new to me...I should stick to that plan really and get some use out of the one I have.

Have you got your bike back and fixed yet Alex ?

No such thing as can't lol

2017 s1000rr

Just left the NEC.... looked at the new 2017 S1000RR as was considering an upgrade , disappointment is an understatement, plastic panels by the tank that look like they come from Halfords , what can only be described as archaic steel work for the servo on the rear shock, colours that were dreary .... gonna hang on to my 1st gen a little longer I think .... what do you guys think ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back